Memory Lane: YEAR 1

A compilation of your interactions with Cedric from first year to beginning of the Imagines. They'll be quick and not very detailed >w< (Might do a few of these since I'm doing his POV too for some of them!)
. . .
Warning and Meaning:
[FLUFF AND CHEESY WARNING]
cute, you might cringe, innocent.
———————————————

1. The Hogwarts Express.
(Your POV)
You boarded the Hogwarts Express, looking back and forth as you wandered down the narrow lane, looking for an empty booth. You were terribly shy, and you weren't quite ready to talk with anyone just yet. At your old school you were an outcast, so you expected the same to go down here.
When you finally found a seat, you rushed to claim it by slipping into the booth and closing the door to it. If someone wanted to sit with you, you certainly wouldn't deny them access. For all you knew you really would make a new friend on the train. But it wasn't likely.

Just as the train called for the last of the passengers, a short and slender boy with messy brown hair came rushing down the isle. A leather backpack- with straps much too long, causing it to hang at his lower back— was swinging back and forth behind him as he hurried. He had a cage with an owl in it in one of his hands. His other arm hugged a load of books close to his chest. The boy came to a stop by your booth after dropping his armful of books, which he hadn't put in his travel trunk. You opened the door of the booth abruptly to help him collect them. "Are you alright?" You asked the breathless boy as he grabbed a few books while you collected others. He was panting as he spoke, "Yeah, I'm fine. I just ran all the way here. I... got a little excited. It's my first year at Hogwarts." He said, then looked up at you. You gave him a friendly smile, thinking this boy was quite cute. He had an adorable grin plastered to his face at the mention of the school.

He caught his breath quickly, and looked at you, that grin leaving his face for a moment. His cheeks were bright red— from all of his running, you presumed. You handed him his books and bit your lip nervously. Here was your chance to make your first friend at Hogwarts— and maybe you would be his.

"I'm (y/n)," you said softly. "It's my first year, too."

The stranger kept his eyes on you, and you began to feel like you said something wrong. Soon he blinked, snapping out of his thoughts. That smile worked its way onto his face again as he stared at you.
"Cedric." Was all he said. He then mumbled a speedy thank you and hurried to stand. He worked his way around you, thanking you multiple times for your help before scrambling into a different booth.

(Cedric's POV)
I was filled with excitement as I weaved my way through the crowd of moving bodies. My owl... well, really my dad's owl, Vivian, flapped his wings restlessly in his cage. I couldn't believe it was finally my turn to attend Hogwarts School. I had heard many good stories from my father. He told many tales of him and his friends getting into trouble... yet he still managed to get a job working for the Ministry. I wanted to make friends like my dad's, loyal ones that I would always be able to count on. They'd be able to count on me, too. I would make sure they knew that.

I heard the conductor call out for final passengers just as I boarded the big black and red train. They let be bring my backpack onboard, as well as Vivian and some of my books that I was unable to fit in my trunk. I could feel them slipping out of my grasp, so I hurried to try to find a seat. Just when I found one empty of all but one person, they slipped out of my grasp, and I had to stop to collect them. By the time I had crouched down and set Vivian's cage beside me, I could already see the delicate hands of another student helping me pick up my books. She sounded concerned for me when she asked if I was alright. I nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine!" I told her, smiling as I took my potions book into my arm, then reached for my Transfiguration book. "I just ran all the way here. I'm... a little excited. It's my first year at Hogwarts." I looked up at her as she handed me three other books with a kind smile. I suddenly felt filled with a strange kind of happiness that I'd never felt before. I felt my smile grow on its own. "
I'm (y/n)," she said, "It's my first year as well." I felt a lump in my throat, and I didn't want to move. I stared at her like a dumbfounded idiot, and I felt my face get hot. I tried to pull myself together, but I could still only choke out one word. "Cedric." I said my name, hoping she would remember it. I couldn't say anymore. I worried I would sound like an idiot, so I simply mumbled about a dozen apologies for inconveniencing her with my clumsiness, and hurried to stand and leave. Part of me wished I hadn't, though. I wish that I'd sat with her, but I just know I would make a fool out of myself.

[WARNING]
Hallmark Wholesome

2. A Magical Muggle Tradition.

You scrambled down the stairs while sloppily tying your brand new Hufflepuff scarf around your neck and shoving your hands into knit gloves. The prefect of your house, Sophia, smiled at your childish grin. "And where are you headed, (l/n)?" She asked.
Cedric turned to look at you from his spot by the fireplace, along with a few other students that were in the common room.
"I'm going to go make leaf piles!"
"Come again?" A fourth year asked.
"Leaf piles!" You repeated, "It's something I do with my mum and dad every Fall. You make a big pile out of the leaves that have fallen, and then you get to jump into it."
Sophia gave you an odd look, nodding a little. "Okay?"

You took out your wand, "It'll also give me a good chance to practice Professor Flitwick's levitation charm... since I don't have a rake."
Cedric smiled at you from across the room. You met his eyes and returned the smile, "Would you like to come with, Cedric?" The boy blushed and began to stammer, "Me? Oh, I um... I'd love to— but I've got some studying to do."
Markus stood up, "I'll go! It sounds silly, but it could be fun."
Another Hufflepuff stood after him, this one was a sixth year. "Could be good experience for my Muggles Studies class." Even Sophia sounded interested in this. That was when Cedric finally stood and said, "Actually, I think I will come with. If everyone is going." This made you very happy. You were really glad you'd been placed in the Hufflepuff house.

You and the other students hurried in one big group out to the courtyard, where each of you began practicing the levitation charm to gather leaves into one big pile. Cedric kept glancing at you and losing focus, so he kept failing at the spell. You walked up behind him and smiled, placing a hand on his shoulder, "Need some help?" You offered, grinning. Cedric's face flushed pink, and his smile matched yours as he laughed at himself, trying to shoo away his nerves. "Oh... yeah, that would be great." He knew how to do the spell, but he was still at a loss. He couldn't think properly around you.

He watched you, not your wand, as you demonstrated Wingardium Leviosa. Your eyes flashed to him, and he found himself lost in them. There was something about them that brightened his world.

———————————————
POTENTIAL WARNINGS (for future reference):

Fluff and Cheesy: Cute, fluffy, you might cringe or squeal because it's cute

Hallmark Wholesome: Romantic and Sweet and you'll probably feel lonely

Brace Yourself: Hot, but SFW. Something may be implied. Most likely, most that will happen is getting put in a hot and tense situation. (This and NSFW — see below— will NOT take place in the past. It will most likely take place in the future. Some fluff will take place in Future scenarios too)

NSFW: Not for the weak of heart