First Date

(kinda long one *^*)

You walked beside Cedric through Hogsmeade, keeping close to his side as you passed by the various shops. It was late in the evening, so you would have to head back soon, but your boyfriend had told you he was more than willing to risk his perfect prefect status to finally go out on a date with you. He took you into Honeydukes, deciding that of all the shops to take you, this would be the best one. 

"Go on," he encouraged, "Get anything you'd like. I'll cover it for you." 
You pressed your lips together. "I appreciate it... but you know, just because you're the guy here doesn't mean that you have to pay for things." Cedric shrugged, "My father raised a gentleman." You gave him a look, then sighed, "Okay. Then thank you. But afterwards, will you let me buy us both some butter beer?" He gave you a disapproving look, so you gave him your best pleading one, fluttering your lashes. "Please, Ced?" He pressed his lips together, clearly hesitant. "I really wish you would let me pay tonight. It's our first date after all." He decided to play your game, shooting a winning smile at you while eyeing you with his mesmerizing grey eyes. Your breath caught in your lungs, and your face went red. Dammit. 

"How dare you abuse your power. That's cheating."
"What power?" He asked, tilting his head. You gave him a surprised look, "Wait, you don't know?" Cedric shook his head, "Know what?"
"Oh my... God! How can you be that oblivious to the effect you have on people?"
He gave you a skeptical look, "Do explain." 
"You have this look  you give people that just makes them want to comply. You do it with your eyes and a smile and... it literally never fails." Cedric blinked blankly, clearly still not understanding. You put a hand on his shoulder, "Let me put it this way. You're hot guy with an even cuter personality. And it works wonders on people."
Cedric appeared to understand what you were saying, and his smile grew. "And this 'power' works on you, too?"
"Yes. It works on me."
"So I could just... give you a look, and you'll comply?"
"I don't like where this is going... but most likely, yes."
Cedric nodded, "Good to know." He walked down one of the isles grinning. You followed closely behind him. 

***

You left Honeydukes with Cedric, each of you had a small bag of treats from the shop. He was laughing as you told him a story about your first time on a broomstick. You'd ended up flying upside down and you couldn't stop. 
"You know," he began, "I could always teach you. Madam Hooch can be a little... gruff."
"I think it would be to the benefit of everyone if I just kept my feet on the ground."
The two of you entered Hog's Head and stood by the door, waiting to be seated. He chuckled, "If you insist. I really think I would be a great teacher, though." You shrugged, "Maybe someday."
A waitress approached you both. She was an older woman, blonde, but graying. "Two?" She asked. Cedric nodded, "Yes ma'am." She showed you both to a table and sat you down. "What can I get for you?" You smiled politely and ordered a butter beer, hot. Cedric did too, and the woman left to fetch the drinks. You gave him a gentle smile, "Thanks again. I really appreciate you covering all of this tonight." 
"It was my pleasure. And you'll let me cover the costs next time as well, right?" He asked, smiling and narrowing his eyes. You had to suppress a laugh, "What are you doing?" His face went red.
"I'm... trying to use my alleged 'power' on you so you'll allow me to cover the costs."
You gasped, "Cedric!" He laughed, "You can't really blame me."
"Yes I can!" You scowled, and he gave you his best innocent smile before his eyes fell to the table again, shyly. "So. You think I'm hot? And that my personality is... cute?" You froze in place. You'd figured that went right over his head. Apparently he'd caught it. You pressed your lips together and nodded gently in confirmation. He gave you a serious look. "And what's so cute about my personality?" You sighed and fiddled with your thumbs in your lap as you spoke a soft explanation. "Well, you've got this awkward charm about you. I don't know how to explain it... it just works for you. And, you know," you kept your eyes on the table, "Normally guys as attractive as you are arrogant but you... you're so humble and you extend so much compassion and sympathy to others... Look you're just an anomaly okay?" You gave up trying to explain to him, feeling particularly embarrassed.  When you glanced at him, there was a touch of pride on his otherwise noble face. He spoke quietly. "You really think that highly of me?" 
You nodded, moving your eyes back down to the table.

Your waitress returned with your drinks, setting them down for you. "Can I get you anything to eat?" 
You heard Cedric say, "One order of chips, please." The waitress scribbled onto her notebook and left again, the clicking sound of her heeled boots disappeared, letting you know you were in the clear to put your head on the table.
Cedric tapped the top of your head, and you looked up only to meet his soft lips. He was leaning across the table, his butterbeer moved to the side. Your eyes were still wide when he sat properly in his seat again. You stared at him. He grinned back at you.

"You're adorable. Do you know that?" He said, then brought his warm drink to his perfect lips.