Year 1: 3

Year 1
The Philosopher's Stone

Early the next morning, Y/N ran down to the great hall for breakfast with Pansy, excited for her first official day at Hogwarts.

As she approached the Slytherin table, Draco beckoned her over, and she sat beside him, grinning.

"Good morning, Malfoy."

"Morning, Skywynne."

Pansy leant over from the other side of Y/N, plastering a grin on her face as she stared at Draco,

"Hi, Draco!"

Draco uncomfortably half-smiled at her before turning away and digging into his food, along with the rest of the group.

The first lesson that Y/N had on her first day was with Professor McGonagall which was heavily theory based, the only notable event being McGonagall scolding Potter and Weasley for being late; potions class with Professor Snape was more enjoyable as Y/N was sat beside Pansy.

It was also common knowledge that Snape favoured slytherins, and Y/N happened to be quite a prodigy in multiple subjects, including potions, so potions class would eventually become one of her favourites.

After class, Pansy and Y/N made their way to the lunch hall together,

"So, Pansy, what did you think of Snape's class?"

Before Pansy could respond, Draco yelled from behind them,

"Watching Potter be taken down a few pegs was great."

Y/N turned to face him as she continued to walk backwards,

"Not a fan, Malfoy? Or are you just embarrassed that he didn't want to be your friend?"

Draco scoffed,

"Like I'd want to be his friend after he was sorted into Gryffindor."

Y/N chuckled,

"All I'm hearing are excuses, Malfoy."

He rolled his eyes.

Pansy turned to Draco and asked,

"Sit with us in the great hall, Draco?"

He shrugged and sped up so he was walking beside Y/N, Crabbe and Goyle scurrying behind him.

The night before, Y/N had written to her parents, informing them of how the sorting went and the new friends she had made. At lunch, she received a reply from her mother:

Dearest Y/N,

Your father and I are so proud of you!

Congratulations on being sorted into slytherin, we had hoped that would've been where you'd be placed!

We're so glad to hear that you've made friends with Draco and Pansy- how lucky that some of the first people you befriended were sorted into the same house as you!

It's a shame that Harry was sorted into Gryffindor, but hopefully you can still be friends!

Please let us know how your first week of classes go!

Wishing you the best of luck!

Lots of love

Mum x

Y/N looked up at her friends,

"Isn't it so lucky that we were all sorted into slytherin? You were all some of the first people I spoke to on the way here!"

Pansy replied,

"Who else did you speak to, Y/N?"

"I briefly spoke to Harry Potter, but other than that, it was you and Draco."

Draco scoffed again at the mention of Harry and Y/N raised an eyebrow at him,

"You do that a lot, don't you?"

"If I knew you two were going to sit here gossiping about Potter, we wouldn't have joined you."

Y/N rolled her eyes,

"Whatever, Malfoy."