Year 2: 1

Year 2
The Chamber of Secrets

Draco peered down at the crowd downstairs in Flourish and Blotts as Gilderoy Lockhart dazzled the crowd beside Harry Potter, who he had called to the front of his book signing to take photos for the newspaper.

As he made his way down the stairs, he ripped a page from the book he was holding and scrunched it up into his pocket as he rushed to stop Harry Potter.

"Bet you loved that, didn't you, Potter? Famous Harry Potter. Can't even go to a book shop without making the front page."

The young Weasley girl furrowed her eyebrows and stepped towards Draco, defensively, "leave him alone."

To which Draco just mocked, "oh, look, Potter! You've got yourself a girlfriend!"

Ron Weasley snapped back, "at least he isn't stuck with Skywynne! I swear that girl is-"

"That girl is what, Weasley?"

Ron froze and turned to face Y/N who was stood directly behind him.

She rose her eyebrows and continued, "would you like to say that a little louder?"

Draco smirked, "What's the matter, weasel bee? Cat got your tongue?"

Lucius Malfoy, Draco's father, tapped his walking stick on Draco's shoulder, rather violently, "Now, now, Draco, play nicely." he turned to Harry, "Mr Potter." he then held out his hand, "Lucius Malfoy. We meet at last."

Y/N silently watched between Lucius and Draco as Lucius pulled Harry towards him and moved his hair from his forehead using his walking stick, "forgive me, your scar is legend. As of course, is the wizard who gave it to you."

Harry firmly replied, "Voldermort killed my parents. He was nothing more than a murderer."

Draco and Y/N looked between each other, almost shocked at the words that Harry had just uttered, almost, but not quite.

Lucius continued, "hmm, you must be very brave to mention his name... or very foolish."

He was then cut off by Hermione Granger, "fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself."

Lucius turned to face her, "and you must be Miss Granger?" He cocked an eyebrow towards Draco, who nodded, confirming her identity.

"Yes, Draco's told me all about you- and your parents... muggles, aren't they?"

She didn't respond, so he turned his attention towards the Weasley family, "let me see... red hair, vacant expressions, tatty second-hand book, you must be the Wealseys."

He had pulled a book out of Ginny's cauldron, examining it as Arthur Weasley interjected, "children, it's mad in here! Let's go outside."

"Well, well, well... Weasley Senior."

Arthur Weasley turned to face him and bluntly replied, "Lucius."

"Busy time at the ministry, Arthur, all those extra raids? I do hope they're paying you overtime. Though judging by the state of this, I'd say not." He placed the book back into Ginny Weasley's cauldron before continuing, "what's the use in being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it?"

"We have a very different idea about what disgraces the name of wizard, Malfoy."

"Clearly. Associating with muggles. And I thought your family could sink no lower... See you at work."

He turned to Y/N, "Come Y/N, we'll take you back to your parents, I need to have a word with your father about something."

Y/N nodded, following him as Draco stepped over to join her after copying his father and turning to Harry, "see you at school."

As they tailed behind Draco's father, Y/N asked, "you're a bit taller than I remember, Malfoy."

Draco smirked, "you're shorter than I remember."

She rolled her eyes and shoved him, "don't get cocky, you aren't much taller, only a tiny bit."

He shrugged, "enough for you to notice, though."

She rolled her eyes again before asking Lucius, "Mr Malfoy, what do you need to speak to my father about, anyway?"

Lucius raised an eyebrow at her before replying, "Unfortunately for you, Miss Skywynne, I need to speak to your father regarding private matters."

As they approached Y/N's father, he looked over at the two children and back to Lucius before suggesting, "Y/N, pumpkin, how about you and Draco go and find anything else you need for school, I'm just going to have a little chat with Mr Malfoy."

She sighed and nodded before turning back to Draco who asked her, "did you get everything you needed, then?"

She pulled him away before replying, "I got my supplies weeks ago, I just came here to watch him."

Draco turned to Lockhart who was at the front of the shop, signing books and screwed up his face in disgust, "ew, Skywynne, are you serious?"

She lovingly sighed as she stared, "shut up, Malfoy. He's charming."

Draco rolled his eyes and fake gagged as he pulled her out of the book shop, "come with me to Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour."

"Okay, whatever."