Year 1: 8

Year 1
The Philosopher's Stone

As the quidditch game came to an end, Draco stormed towards the dormitories as Y/N jogged to keep up with him,

"Malfoy, can you slow down, please!?"

He ignored her request and huffed,

"It's not fair! Potter shouldn't even be on his house team!"

"Well... why don't you try out for slytherin team next year?"

He rolled his eyes before opening mouth to make a witty comment, but paused for a moment and smirked,

"Why don't you try out with me, Skywynne?"

She stopped in the middle of the hall and scrunched her eyebrows up.

"Are you insane?"

He shrugged his shoulders as he turned to face her, continuing to walk in the same direction, only backwards,

"Just an idea."

Y/N folded her arms and raised an eyebrow at him,

"Well, it clearly wasn't a very clever one, was it?"

Draco chuckled,

"You're right, you can barely sit on your broom!"

Y/N caught back up with Draco and playfully shoved him,

"Hey! I'm not that bad anymore!"

"That's only because I've been teaching you."

Y/N rolled her eyes and sighed as she stood before the stairs to the girl dormitories and turned back to him,

"Goodnight, Malfoy."

He smiled and waved at her as he scurried off to his own dormitory.

Weeks had passed and Christmas was fast approaching, Y/N had already packed her things and was waiting downstairs in the Slytherin common room for Draco.

She had her white fluffy earmuffs on accompanied by a matching scarf and a matching pair of gloves. Her black jacket covered her black dress with which she wore thick, black tights and fluffy boots.

She was sat playing with Midnight, who was snuggling into Y/N's body for warmth, for what felt like centuries until Draco finally came down the stairs carrying his trunk.

She peered up at him and huffed,

"It's about time!"

He rolled his eyes,

"You didn't have to wait if you didn't want to. Crabbe and Goyle are probably already on the train."

Still sat, she turned her head away and quickly explained,

"Well, if I didn't wait for you, there'd be a chance that I wouldn't be able to sit beside you on the train, and as your best friend, I think it is necessary that I do."

His lips slightly curled upwards before he made his way towards the door. He stopped and turned back to Y/N and yelled,

"Well, what are you waiting for? Get up, then!"

She rolled her eyes as she pulled herself to her feet and grabbed her trunk and placed Midnight in her cat carrier before following behind him.

As they left the building, Y/N looked around at all the thick blanket of white, icy, snow as it crunched beneath her boots.

In that moment, a mischievous smile formed on her face as she placed Midnight's carrier down on top of her trunk.

She cupped some of the freshly fallen snow into her gloved hands before pressing it tighter into a ball, she giggled as she hurled it straight at her friend who was still walking ahead of her; as the impact of the snowball hit Draco, he paused momentarily, Y/N held her hands over her mouth to muffle her uncontrollable giggling.

He bent down before turning to face her and yelling,

"Oh, you're so on!"

He catapulted a snowball right at Y/N's face, sending her straight back into the snow.

She laughed even louder as she pulled herself to her feet, holding even more snow than before and tossing it right back at him.

This went on for a couple of minutes or so before Y/N ran straight at Draco, pushing him straight into the cushion of snow behind him and toppling on top of him in uncontrollable fits of laughter.

Professor McGonagall came across the children  and cleared her throat.

Y/N and Draco scrambled to their feet, trying to hold back their giggles.

"Mr Malfoy, Miss Skywynne. I'd think that you'd want to hurry, you're about to miss the train- unless, of course, you'd like to spend your Christmas here."

The children's eyes widened as they gathered their belongings, Y/N turned to McGonagall as they paced towards the Hogwarts Express,

"Thank you, Professor McGonagall, Merry Christmas!"

The two rushed towards the train and made it just in time, by the time that they sat down in the cart with Crabbe, Goyle and Pansy, they were panting for breath in between giggles.

Pansy scrunched her eyesbrows,

"Where in the world were you two?"

Y/N turned to her and replied,

"Whatever do you mean? We were on our way here."

As they stepped onto the platform, the children bid their friends goodbye and Y/N turned to Draco,

"Write to me over Christmas, Malfoy?"

He grinned,

"Yeah, okay."

He pulled her in for a hug and they said their goodbyes before making their way over to their families.