Chapter 3

I stood at the platform. Platform nine and three quarters. Such a familiar place. A place of magic and mystery, my first real moment with magic. 

All my memories came rushing back of the first time I ran into platform nine and three quarters. 

I was anxious. Sweating profusely as I watched other first year students run and disappear into the platform. One by one they all ran with no hesitation into the bricked wall and disappear. None of the other students looked scared or surprised of the platform wall, probably because their parents all told them about it. To not fear the platform wall, to embrace the power and enter into their new lives as wizards and witches.

My friend, Jasmine, looked over at me, concern filling her vibrant green eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I hesitated, looking at her then the platform once more. Most of the students were through the platform now. It was soon going to be her turn.

"Bullshit," Jasmine muttered, poking her head into my field of vision. Her eyes searched mine and I sighed, knowing I couldn't hide my true feelings from her.

"I'm scared. What if I don't get through and I look like an idiot that ran into a wall," I asked before continuing, "I've heard rumors of this. If I  don't make it then maybe I'm not meant for this. That this isn't my fate and maybe I'm just a freak like my town thinks. Maybe I'm-"

"Stop," Jasmine cut me off, waving a hand to dismiss my fears, "you have the Inner Eye. you are a Seer and you are one of few with this gift. Don't flinch away from it, embrace it!"

I gave her a weak smile, knowing she was right. Both my parents were wizards and they both attended Hogwarts. Unless I was adopted, I was going to be fine.

"You're right. I'm just nervous, but is it okay if I go before you just in case?" I asked hopefully, knowing she would say yes, but wanting the reassurance.

She rolled her eyes and gave me a small push towards the wall, "of course and once you are on the other side, I will follow. We got this."

I nodded, feeling my heart race in my chest. The last student in front of me disappeared into the wall and I took a deep breath. I exhaled slowly before running towards the wall. Towards platform nine and three quarters.

As I neared the wall, all my fears surfaced again. I pushed them down, repeating what Jasmine was saying and closed my eyes. I felt myself run into a flimsy barrier before pushing through it, through the wall. Once the weird feeling surrounding my body disappeared, I opened my eyes.

I made it through.

"Hello?" Cirrus yelled, waving a hand in my face.

I shook my head and looked over at him in confusion. Has he been calling my name the entire time?

His yelling had caught the curious gaze of some Muggle passerby's. They all stared for a moment before continuing on with their day.

"What?" I asked slowly, looking at his face trying to find my answer.

"You weren't answering me. Do you want to go first or shall I?"

"You," I answered quickly and he laughed.

I broke my gaze from the wall and looked at him quizzically. His laugh was light and full of humor, but I couldn't see why this was funny.

"Trick question. If I go first then you might make a run for it and then I'd have to come get you again. As much as I'd like to chase you around this place, I would rather not," he laughed, pretending to wipe a tear away from his eye. 

I rolled my eyes, "honestly, that didn't cross my mind until you mentioned it. Maybe you should demonstrate how this works again for silly old me," I whimpered, pouting a little to emphasize my point.

Maybe he'll fall for it even though he caught on fast to the last attempt.

He shook his head and gave me a small nudge forward, towards the platform wall. His hand stayed momentarily on the small of my back and I could feel some of his heat radiate up through my spine. I held still, forcing myself not to shiver and sighed in relief when he removed his hand from my back.

"Go on, we need to catch the train to Hogwarts. Everyone is expecting you, we shouldn't keep them waiting."

I nodded and stared intently at the wall again. I willed for another wizard or witch to come along and run through. My fears from before were starting to rise once more and I felt my hands go clammy.

"Breath," I whispered, inhaling and exhaling slowly to calm my racing heart. 

"Any day now," Cirrus mumbled impatiently under his breath and I shot him an annoyed glance.

He didn't catch my glance and I looked back to the wall, urging myself to move. Urging any part of my body to respond to my mind.

"Seriously," Cirrus started.

I gulped and ran before he could say anything else. I closed my eyes again, just like before, and felt the same sensation. I felt my body be enveloped in an airy substance before it disappeared. It disappeared just as fast it came on and I knew I was through the platform.

I breathed in relief and moved away from the platform and looked around. The train station looked exactly the same as the first time I was here. The smell was the same and so was the frantic group of students and others wondering around, hopping into different carts of the train to head to Hogwarts. It was the end of Christmas break for the students.

I, involuntarily, followed the students, feeling myself get caught up in the excitement and joy of the students. Their voices all floated around me as they ran around making sure to be ready for when the train was to depart.

"It's all the same," I whispered to myself, spinning in a circle before facing Cirrus who had a goofy grin on his face.

"You look like one of the students, ready to go to Hogwarts for a new semester. You don't look like someone dreading to go," Cirrus noted with curiosity.

I rolled my eyes and motioned around me to all the students, "their excitement is making me excited."

Cirrus nodded in understanding and lead me towards one of the train carts. Most of the students had already boarded and picked their seats.

"A minute before the train leaves," Cirrus warned, motioning for me to follow him quickly into the train. I hurried behind him, following him and the last remaining students onto the train to Hogwarts.

At exactly 11:00 am, the train left like it always had on the special occasions. As the trains lurched forward, leaving behind a cloud of smoke, my stomach tied into knots.

I haven't been back to the school since the Second Wizarding War. What's changed, if anything?

~~~

I know this is a little bit shorter then the other two chapters and a bit boring, but I promise it will get more interesting!!

xx