Chapter 16

I screamed, watching the dark figure move around the table again. I threw my hands in the air, in defeat.

"I will never join you, now stop!" I screamed, watching the figure before looking over the the young boy who was laying unconscious on the dining room table. His hair was plastered to his face with sweat running down his pale forehead.

"Join me," the figure demanded again and I shook my head, reaching out for the little child. The figure laughed, turning his wand to the child again.

I shook my head, watching the boy and the figure. 

"If you won't, I will," the figure started and the boy began to scream again. The pain jolted him awake and I screamed out for him.

"Stop," I cried again, falling to my knees. I wanted to step in between the two, to try and protect the boy, but he had a barrier around me that prevented me from interfering.

"Will you join?" he asked and I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

The figure stopped and watched me for a moment before sighing.

"Maybe if I hurt one of your friends, you'll change your mind," the figure laughed.

I stared at him, hoping he was joking. I knew Harry would keep Ginny safe and Ron would do the same with Hermione, or the other way around. I was worried about Draco. There was no one there who would protect him, they would all be worried about one another instead of worrying about the only person that is in harm's way.

The figure disappeared and I waited, the silence weighing down on me.

"Please," I cried out, looking at the child before looking around the empty dining hall.

I sighed and saw the elf, pulling an unconscious Cirrus up the dungeon stairs.

Weird, I thought, why not teleport up here?

I decided not to push it and watched silently.

"Here is my," the elf started before coughing and throwing Cirrus to the floor in front of me, "the prisoner. Master will be back soon."

I stared at Cirrus, his chest rising and falling. I sighed in relief and looked around, waiting. The barrier was still up as I reached out to Cirrus. The barrier pushed my hand back and I rolled my eyes, cursing the barrier.

"Cirrus," I whispered, seeing black movement out of the corner of my eye. I turned and saw a black figure, hanging back against the fireplace. He wasn't as dark as usual, the bottom transparent against the silver fireplace behind him.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion, why is the shadow figure transparent?

"I'll kill him if you don't agree to join my side," the figure warned quickly and I looked back at Cirrus. He was still breathing, but unconscious.

"No," I whispered and the figure moved closer.

"What was that?"

"I said no!" I yelled, hoping the figure was playing with me instead of really meaning it.

"Fine," the figure said, turning his wand to Cirrus.