Chapter 11

I sighed happily, falling back into my bed at three in the morning. Time seemed to fly by as I stayed in the forest with Draco, joking about random things and talking about others. It was easy talking to him, I didn't have to hide who I was. I didn't have to shy around, making sure to say the right thing. 

"What a night," I yawned, curling myself into a ball to sleep.

As sleep took over and the world around me went black, I was visited by a black figure.

I stood in the dungeon, fog rolling through the corridor leaving behind an ominous feeling. The moon was high in the sky, the stars sparkling and being the only source of light. The light crept through the windows, spilling into the corridor. 

I shivered, walking through the fog. I felt a presence at the end of the hallway, a very luring presence. As I walked, the corridor behind me went black. The moonlit hallway was now empty of light.

"Lumos," I whispered, my wand lighting my way forward. The darkness crept close and I hesitantly moved forward, letting the darkness cuddle close to my back.

"The girl who ran," a voice whispered, echoing around me in the darkened corridor.

"Who's there," I asked, trying to keep my voice even. The light from my wand was being suffocate by the darkness, only lighting the small area in front of me.

"You'll see soon enough," the voice answered and I turned, trying to find the source of the voice.

The voice laughed, echoing off the walls. I spun in a circle, trying to catch any movement in the darkness, but I was alone. There was no movement. It was silent again and I shivered.

I knew someone was close, but couldn't see them. My body refused to hid my fear, and shook slightly. I cursed myself, shaking my head.

"When," I finally whispered into the darkness, taking a couple steps forward.

"Soon," the voice floated around me and I instinctively took another step forward. As I stepped forward, I felt a force push me back and I gasped.

In front of me stood a dark figure, blending in with the darkness that cocooned us. I tried to wave my wand in front of the figure, but all I saw was blackness. Just a shadow playing against the light.

"A shadow," I breathed, tilting my head. The shadow was the same build as anyone walking around the Hogwarts, but all distinguishable features were cloaked in darkness.

"My dear, you are the answer," the shadow continued, ignoring my answer, "I hope when we meet, you will understand. A girl with the Seer gift. A girl who ran from her own kind to hide. It's written in the books, you are the key."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not a key. I ran for a reason."

The shadow moved back with a small laugh, "you will understand soon."

The black shadow disappeared into the corridor wall and took the darkness with it. The moon light illuminated the hallway once more and I stood, facing the rubble of the previous attack.

"Understand what?" I asked, knowing that the shadow was gone and that I wouldn't get an answer.

I gasped, sitting up from my bed. Sweat was rolling down my forehead as I concentrated on my breathing. My heart raced and I stared around my room. There was sunlight streaming through the opened window of my room and I sighed in relief.