3

As much as Kai didn't want to leave the comforting arms of the woman he adored, he knew he had business to attend to. Business being meeting with his helpers to throw a couple in coffins and seal the tops. He left, but not forgetting hugging Emily once more, and pecking her cheek, with promises to call her soon. Emily went to bed with a genuine smile.

A few days had passed by, with Emily working hard and Kai continuing his work on politics and of course the plotting on his next victims. Emily hadn't seen Kai since that day, but he had made sure to text her. They texted every moment possible, speaking of things from their favorite ice cream flavors, up to their greatest childhood memories. Kai was reveling in the fact that he was getting to know Emily better than he had ever imagined. With Emily getting closer to him, and his success as a politician and a leader growing, he felt invincible.

Emily had gotten home after a long day of work and was looking forward to snuggling up in her fluffy blankets and watching a movie. Her hands, back and feet ached due to the rough work at the salon, and all she wanted to do was rest. She sat in the kitchen, waiting for her popcorn to finish popping in the microwave, when everything shut down and she was lost in the pitch black.

 She groaned loudly, knowing this meant she wouldn't be able to eat OR watch a movie. She put on her phone flashlight, and went to lock the front and back doors just to be safe. 

She made her way to a linen closet and grabbed the big box of homemade candles that she made long ago with her grandfather. She knew that they would come in handy. After setting them up and lighting candles all over the living room and turned on some music from her phone so she wouldn't be in complete silence. She sat down and cozied herself up in her blankets and grabbed her book off the side table. It wasn't a movie, but it was better than nothing.

After slightly loosing herself in the book, she jumped when she heard her phone ringtone go off. She grabbed the device to see Kai was calling her. She smiled and answered, "Hello?"

"Hey cutie, how you doing in this black out? It's all over town."

"I'm good now, just reading a book, surrounded by a million candles." He chuckled at her, he had just arrived home, everyone had left his house for the night. He was changing out of his clown costume to light sweater and sweatpants.

"Sounds fun. Want me to keep you company to keep the monsters away?" He said, honestly wanting to see her, he felt like it had been too long since he had last seen her. Even though it had only been days.

"If you want to. I don't want you putting yourself in danger by coming over here, But I wouldn't mind the extra company. I'm getting a little jumpy."

"Alright, I'll be over in 5 mins. Bye Cutie."

"Bye Kai." Emily paused, and squealed after she hung up the phone, she was going to see Kai!

5 minutes passed like he said, and she heard a knock on the door.  She stood up and walked over to the door. She looked through the peep hole, but it was too dark to see anything. "Who is it?"

"It's me sweetheart." She recognized the voice immediately and opened the door. "Just had to make sure." She squealed as Kai hugged her tightly and picked her up off the floor. "Ah I missed you!"

He set her down and shut the front door. "It's only been a couple days." She giggled. They made their way over to the couch and sat down. Kai, decided to test out his boundaries and grabbed Emily's waist, pulling her onto his lap. He grabbed the blanket and tossed it over the two of them. He continued to hug her waist and he laid his head on her shoulder and she leaned her back against his chest.

He finally spoke up, as they settled in on the couch. "It felt too long. It feels different when I'm not with you." Emily was thankful for the dim lights of the candles, covering her blush. She nodded in agreement.