18

~Three months later.~

Emily unbuckles her seatbelt and exits the car, to open the backseat to pull Jude out of his car seat.

"You sure you don't want me to go over there with you Em?" Mark asks, still sitting in the drivers seat of the car.

Emily puts Jude on her hip and gives her husband a small smile.

"It's okay Mark, it will just be a second." He nods and hands her the small bouquet of flowers she picked out.

She shut the door, leaving Mark alone in the car, and with Jude in one arm, and the flowers in her other, she walked onto the grass to her destination.

Jude began to do his cute toddler babbling and Emily smiled, "You excited to see Daddy? Huh bubs?" Jude squealed in reply, excited that he got his Mom's attention.

They finally made it over to the two plots she was looking for.

She placed Jude down onto the grass, facing the two graves. She set the flowers up against the stone before lifting Jude up and sitting on the ground, placing him on her lap.

She sat in silence, with Jude trying to reach over to grab the long grass. She looked over the newly carved grave and smiled lightly.

'Kai Anderson

Lover, fighter, beloved father.

May you finally find peace.'

Without anyone's knowledge, she had decided that while she helped plan the burial for Winter and Rudy Anderson, even Kai deserved a fair grave. She had the burials private and made sure that they were all laid to rest together. Kai's grave had finally been set into place, and she decided that it was time for her and Jude to say goodbye, and to move on.

They sat in front of Kai's grave for a few more minutes, before standing back up. Without shedding a tear, she hugged her son to her tightly and kissed his head, whispering to the grave,

"Rest Well Kai Anderson."