7

Throughout the weeks, Emily grew used to the men in her home. Most of them were either very respectful or scared of her. She was confused on why, but always tried to be nice to them. There was a few guarding the front and back doors and most the time they were on watch.

Emily asked Kai why it was so intense, but he explained that he was just paranoid because of the shooting. She understood completely and left it alone.

Aside from working at the hair salon, Emily stayed around the house. Kai felt safer with her under the roof. She had left a few times to clean out her home, Kai wanted to send some guards with her, but she denied. She had Mark help her pack and sell everything. A few times Mark had joked that he was going to buy the house, but Emily just shook it off and packed all the important things from throughout her life.

Emily loved coming home to Kai every day.

Being able to cuddle up with her love every night, was such a comfort to her. There were some nights, where he would be in the basement with the men up late, but she always waited for him to come to bed. She was at the point where she couldn't sleep without him. The couple were once again whole. Kai was more relaxed with stressed situations and he could think clearly with her around. Her advice and understanding helped him get a new perspective on how to increase his campaign success.

He was on Cloud 9, but he wanted more.

Once he found out that Winter and the other girls were conspiring against him with SCUM, he banned all the women in FIT from talking to Emily, even Winter. He didn't want them corrupting his sweet girl in any way.

Kai walked into his bedroom and stripped into his pajamas, he jumped into the bed to join Emily in watching a movie. He hugged her waist and laid his head on her stomach, watching the screen.

He wasn't paying attention to the movie; he was too busy contemplating the fact that the women was betraying him. How would he regain their obedience? He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"How was your day?" Emily suddenly spoke up.

"It was alright, just another day of trying to make the world a better place." He sighed out.

Emily began to comb her fingers through his hair, he groaned in pleasure. "What happened? Usually you are so excited to tell me about your day. Something happened didn't it."

He took a deep breath and nodded; eyes glued to the edge of the bed. "The girls are going against me."

"Girls?"

"Beverly, Ivy, and Winter."

"What? Why? Why would they do that? Even Winter? "

"Yes, even Winter." His eyes watered and he sniffled.

"Oh baby. I'm so sorry. Maybe they heard some wrong information and believed it." Emily couldn't believe what he was saying. What were they doing?

"I don't know what I did wrong. I'm so disappointed. I don't know what to do." He lies. "Just keep doing what you are doing Kai, they will realize their mistake one day, and they will come back to you with stronger faith than ever before." Kai nodded and sat up, scooting up the bed to place a kiss on her lips.

"Will you stay away from them for a while then. Just until I get back on their good side. I don't want them hurting you or convincing you a lie."

"Of course, Kai."

"I love you Emmy." He replied.

"I love you too."

He sat up and held her in his arms, she snuggled into his chest, and breathed in his scent. After a moment of silence, with only the murmur of the tv. Kai spoke up. "Emmy. One day, when all of this political craziness is over, and we've cleaned the dirtiness from this world, Will you marry me?" Emily looked up to see him already looking down at her.

"Is this a proposal?" She asked, shocked.

"Think of it as a future proposal. Would you?"

Emily paused for a moment; was she really ready for this step? Was she ready to get married and start a family with Kai Anderson? She wasn't sure. But her mouth moved before she could say anything else.

"Of course, I would Kai. I love you so so much."

"Oh baby, you have no idea how happy you make me."

"You make me so much happier."

They kissed sweetly and slowly for a moment.

Kai parted from the kiss and placed his forehead against hers.

"I have something else I want to talk to you about Emmy." He said, with a serious tone.

Emily nods. He puts up his hand and sticks out his pinky. She gulps and connects their fingers.

He holds onto her finger tightly. "Remember. Skin to Skin. Pulse to pulse. No lies baby. Do you love me."

"Yes. Of course."

"Do you trust me?"

"With my life."

"Do you think I know what is best for you, and our relationship?"

"Yes."

He nods and gives her an encouraging smile and pecks a kiss on her pinky.

He looked at her for a moment, before taking a deep breath, and a tear rolled down his cheek. He began to sob as she wiped the tears from his face. "What's wrong Kai?" Emily askes, concerned.

"I just love you, so much. And our family."

"Our family?"

"Yes, the one we're going to make. The work I've done, is the work of generations baby. I'm just that seed. And from that seed, from the love and devotion we share, a savior will arise. To carry on my mission. I need you, to mother our Messiah baby."

"What?" Emily stuttered out. He just proposed to her, now he wants her to have his baby?

"Kai, I don't think I can. I-I don't think I'm fit to be a mother right now. Maybe a few years after we get married."

He grabbed her face and stroked her cheeks with his thumbs as he saw the panicked look on her face.

"Emily, we need to do this. After the incident with Meadow, I dint want to risk it. We must do this. Its prophesied." Emily took a deep breath.

"Please Emmy. Everything will be okay. "

"Do you promise?"

He didn't lose eye contact. "I promise baby."

She nodded, "Okay Kai, I trust you." Kai smiled widely and kissed her with all he had in him. His legacy would go on.

"The ceremony will be tomorrow, my love."