11

Once the pregnancy had been revealed. Kai went on complete lockdown.

Emily could no longer leave the house for her protection. He was paranoid that the constant mobs (like the ones that had recently thrown piss and maced him at one of his political rallies) would hurt her, or worse, the FEDS. He believed that they would do whatever it took to take him down, including killing or taking his love and unborn child.

Emily complied, due to the insanity that had taken over. After the birthday reveal, something had snapped in him, and Emily was far too scared to even think of protesting against him.

Her boss was understanding of the situation that Emily came up with and gave her as much time off as she needed.

Her only sanity was the fact that Ally and Oz had been around more often to be around her, Oz loved to play board games and watch Disney movies with her, while Ally assisted her with any question or need to help with the baby.

Ally also taught the girl amazing cooking recipes that Emily appreciated greatly.

None of the two girls ever asked about Kais behavior, knowing guards were all over the house. Ally couldn't help but notice the sad look on Emily's face every time he came home, and when she heard him yelling and ordering everyone around. She looked miserable, but could hide the look quickly with a bright, fake smile that could fool anyone. Once Emily's belly started to show, Ally began to get more worried.

Kai began to get more and more paranoid as time went on and had explosive fits of anger.

Ally expressed her worry, but Emily assured her that when they were alone, he only talked to himself constantly, and was very clingy to her.

He spoke to her about the FEDs and his worry of them watching their every move. The only happy parts of the nights were when they discussed baby names. She saw that small flicker of light in his eyes as he talked about the things, he would do with them if they were a boy or a girl. They had decided to go with the name Jude for a boy, and Bella for a girl. It never lasted long though as Kai would ramble on about his plans and theories.

He always failed to notice the tears streaming down her face, as she watched the man, she loved turn into a stranger that was beyond repair.

Emily watched the screen with tears in her eyes, as she watched Beverly on the news, announcing the death of Gary. 

"The marathon of violence continues in Brookfield Heights with the murder of local grocery store manager Gary K. Longstreet. Mr. Longstreet's body was discovered by an employee of Planned Parenthood in the alley behind me. Here to comment, Councilman Kai Anderson. Thank you, Beverly."

Emily knew that Kai had something to do with his death, as she watched his stone cold face respond to Beverly, "Gary was one of my earliest supporters. He is......was a dear friend."   

"I can't imagine the depths of sorrow you must feel right now. "

 "Incredible sorrow. Gary was a kind, gentle man A big teddy bear. I pray that Senator Herbert Jackson and the left-wing terrorists he supports are brought to justice."

"Are you suggesting a sitting senator is guilty of murder?" She asks.

"He emboldened the violent fascists known as the Woke Warriors. These anti-life zealots... killed my friend because he had the radical belief that babies are people. Today, the victim is a pro-life patriot-- well, who's next? Pregnant women recognizing the sanctity of life growing inside of them? Any more bloodshed by the Woke Warriors is on Senator Herbert Jackson's hands." He threatened into the camera.
"We will provide updates on this story as it develops. This is Beverly Hope. Back to you in the studio."

Emily sat on the couch in the basement folding laundry, as she waited for Kai to return from visiting his safe spot- his parents' room.

 She hoped that he would be calmed down from his anger towards Beverly and her "deadpan delivery" on Gary's murder. She knew that wouldn't be the case when he rushed into the room, slamming the door and locking it, combing his hands through his hair roughly.

 She looked at him concerned as he paced back and forth in front of her.

 "Kai, baby, what's going on? Are you alright?" He didn't look at her and continued pacing as he spoke up. 

 "I feel like everyone is conspiring against me Emily! Beverly, Ally, even fucking Winter! I'm so damn sick of it, and I don't know what to do! We have to get each and every step of this plan perfect or it will all fall to pieces. I know for a fact that the feds are watching me. I can hear it!"

 "Hear it? Kai what- "He cuts her off and shushes her loudly. 

He walks over to a hanging lamp and begins to frantically look above and around the light, unscrewing the light bulb. Emily looks at him in shock, staying silent. 

 She looked over at Ally, who was standing at the bottom of the stairs. She seemed not to notice Emily and began to speak. "We need to talk. "She stated. 

 "Do you hear that? That low buzz?" He looked over at us frantically. Ally noticed me and looked confused as I shrugged at her. 

She responded. "I'm sorry. But I-I don't." 

 "Listen! It's here, it's definitely here. I'm gonna find it." He explains, still looking around frantically. Emily stands up, worried. 

 Ally raises her voice, "Hey! Will you listen to me for a second? After everything that's happened with Winter, I can't be with her. It's just, it's not possible." 

 "Shh! How can you not hear that? You don't hear that? How can you not hear that?" He screamed at us and began to throw things around the room.

 Emily silently watched the destruction, tears streaming down her face.

 "What are you doing?" Ally exclaims, angered by seeing the upset Emily, she rushed over to the girl and wraps her in her arms.
"I told you, it's the buzz. They planted something." He rushed out.
"Who planted something Kai? "Emily cried out.

 "The Feds-- someone's listening. We have a mole, okay? A double agent. I know. It's bugged, this whole fucking place is."
Emily got out of Ally's hold and tried to grab Kais wrist, "Kai, will you listen to me? Would you please calm down and let me help you?" He ripped his arm out of her hand . 

"You don't even hear it! The buzz! It's getting louder! I can't think in here!" He screams and grabs the side of his head. He exhales sharply and dashed upstairs. 

 Emily watched him run out, before sitting back onto the couch, beginning to sob. Ally sat next to the girl and hugged her tightly as she cried. 

"Ally, I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know how to help him; I don't know him." She whimpers out between sobbing. Ally shushes her and holds her tightly to her chest. Emily looks up at Ally with red puffy eyes. 

"I don't think I can do this Ally. I don't want to be here anymore. I'm so scared." Ally looks her into the eyes. "Emily, you listen to me. I won't let anything happen to you, okay? I'm going to fix everything. I'm getting us out of here. You're gonna be okay. I promise you."