17

Beverly approaches Ally as she is preparing for the debate. "There's breaking news. Convicted murderer Kai Anderson was found dead this afternoon. Face mutilated beyond recognition."

Ally cusses, "Shit. Does Emily know about this? "

Bev shook her head, "No, I wanted to tell you first."

"Good, she's finally getting over him. Let's not mention it in hopes it will simmer out. She doesn't need that stress or grief right now...."

"You sure you want to go through with this?"

"Do we have a choice? We've spent weeks preparing for tonight. Let's do it." Ally explains.

Emily had arrived at the debate venue and had dropped off Ally's things, greeting her quickly before excusing herself to go change Jude's diaper before the debate started.

She walked into the family restroom, as she turned to close the door.

She panicked as a man shoved his way into the door and pushed her up against the wall gently, covering her mouth with his hand.

He turned and locked the door, Emily tried to scream but was silent in shock as she was face to face with Kai. She placed Jude's carrier on the floor next to her feet.

Kai said nothing but grabbed her face and kissed her as hard as he could, pushing his body as close as he could to her. He moaned through the kiss, before getting shoved off by Emily.

"What the hell Kai?! What are you doing here!"

He ignores the question, "Baby. I missed you so much." He goes in for another kiss but looks at her confused when she pushes him back once again.

"No Kai. I-I can't do this. You're supposed to be in jail, wha- how did you?"

He interrupts her. "Shhh, Emmy. It doesn't matter how I got out. All that matters is that I'm going to fix everything. After today, everything will change. We will be a happy family, and everything will work out."

Emily shakes her head, tears streaming down her face. "Kai. I can't. You can't do this. We will never have a normal life. You have to go back to jail. I can't be with a fugitive. What were you thinking?"

"I- "Kai goes speechless.

"What kind of example is this for your son?"

Kai's eyes grow teary. "A son?" Emily nods.

"Would you like to meet Jude?" Kai begins to cry, and he nods.

He watches as Emily picks up the baby carrier and sets it on the counter.

"You named him Jude?" He whimpers out.

"Of course. We came up with it together. I wouldn't do that to you." She takes a sleeping Jude out of his carrier, and places him in Kais arms.

Kai sucks in a deep breath and shushes his son as the baby whimpers from leaving his carrier. He begins to sob as he holds his baby.

Emily crying with him. "He's so beautiful Emmy. He has your curly hair." He laughs lightly.

Emily nods, looking at her little family. "This is why you need to do what's right Kai. I need you; Jude needs you. We don't want to do this without you. Please don't make me do this."

Kai closes his eyes tightly and kisses his son on the forehead. He holds the baby closer to his body, and whispers out, "I can't. You know I can't Emmy."