A certain ego

~Dark~

Listening to Anti's thoughts was like walking into a snowstorm. It was so jumbled I could only hear fractions of a whole thought.

....Help.....want food......go home.....cold......can't glitch.....

It's like his mind was switching in between cat and human. I watched him as his head twitched every once in a while. His eyes had a crazed look to them. I picked him up and his mind seemed to focus on me.

Dark... His mind whispered. Help me...

"I will Sam. I promise." He leaned into my chest and I carried him to a certain ego's room. I used my foot to knock on the door and the pink haired fellow was quick to answer.

"Heya Darky! Is that little Sam?" Wilford pet Anti who was too scared to notice. 

"Yes. May we come in?" I asked trying my hardest to push out Sam's thoughts. Wilford nodded and we walked in.

His room was painted a dark grey with pink and yellow decorations. He had a desk with a recording studio set up on the far side of the room next to his closet. He had a queen size bed with a pink comforter and the nightstand next to it was flooded with photos of him and some of the other egos. 

I walked over and sat in his recording chair, setting Sam on the desk.

"What seems to be the problem?" Wilford asked sitting on the end of his bed. "You never come to me for anything." That stung. I knew I was a keep-to-myself kind of guy but I thought I always made time for the others. 

"Can you sense him?" I asked looking at Sam who was playing with a bug. 

"Anti? Of course I can!" Wilford smiled.

"Good. Where is he now?" I asked. Stupid question! I know! But I needed to see if he was stable enough to do magic.

"Trick question! He's right there!" Wil pointed at Sam who was now eating the bug. "What happened the lad?" Wilford's voice was filled with concern.

"I'm not sure. Marvin said he felt as if he needed to protect him but I don't think he knows it's Anti." I said bracing myself for the next step in rescuing Sam from his little cat body. "I need you to use your magic on him."

Wilford thought for a moment, watching Anti as he climbed onto a shelf.

"No can do Darkipoo."