"Choose Your Words 'Cause There's No Antidote"

disclaimer! harry's music is nOt in order, though timeline wise this is after fine line. you'll understand when you read this chapter, but the songs pertain more to the storyline than real life. for example, from the dining table is not released yet, although both albums are out. almost confusing, but it's alright :)
______________________________________________________________

Chapter 3.

I tucked my hair behind my ears as I sat on a bench in the middle of the city. My laptop on lap, and a notebook sitting next to me. It was empty of course. The doc on my laptop was close to empty as well, still sitting still with the same line. "If I could buy feelings, this is the one I'd desire." The only thing that accompanied it now was the line I managed to write alongside.

"For the light at the end of the hallway is lonely and needs as much fulfillment as I crave."

I closed my laptop and put it back in my backpack as it started to rain very lightly. The clouds ahead of me were a mix of white and dark gray, the contrast creating an effortlessly beautiful sight. It started to pour very quickly, but I didn't bother to do anything but stand up. So I stood, there, in the rain.

Each drop kissed my skin and I let them, opening up my arms to embrace it. If the world only breathes into those ready to live, how am I so blessed as to have so many moments to convince me that living is all I could ever want to do?

I visualized a cinematic shot, circling around me as I learned to feel alive again, perhaps for the first time. A song played in my head, but no music was present. A simple feeling was enough for me right then. It also occurred to me that feeling pain was a part of being alive.

"Darby? Is that you, Darby?" I heard a voice yelling at me from a distance. I turned with a smile dancing on my lips, not yet seeing who it was. My hair stuck to my face. Of course it was Harry, and he stood across the plaza with a hand over his eyes, trying to see me. "Hi, Harry!" I yelled back. I guestered for him to come join me.

    He laughed and drooped his head down

He laughed and drooped his head down. He knew he had no choice but to succumb.

"God, you're going to get sick." He said to me. "Yeah, I could. Or I couldn't. Either way I still would have this experience. How can you be worried about consequences when the rain is here to cleanse you of them."

"I love that, actually." He dropped his shoulders, and I watched him give way to the pattering redemption.

"You're always welcome to have bits and pieces of my thoughts." I scrunched my nose up, walking a couple feet away.

"It'd be an honor." He grinned, a little louder to reach me. The rain fell down his face like tears, coating every inch, and his eyes crinkled up ever so tightly to prevent rain from getting in them. I lifted up my head, faced the sky as the droplets graced by face. I could feel his eyes on me, and they were soft and full with wonder.