"Your Wonder Under Summer Skies"

Chapter 19.

Would That I by Hozier
      "We never ended up swimming." I said, sitting on his couch, letting my head fall back completely. He was once again in the kitchen, making his way over to me. I decided to rush over to him first.

      "We still could?" He offered, raising his eyebrows. He leaned down quickly to my lips, as I leaned into him. It was shortlived, I pulled him outside excitedly.

      "Darby I don't have a suit on yet."

     "Ok, well hurry, because I do." I sat on a little sun chair in the middle of the night, looking up at the same stars I had previously just spilled most of my life story under. I can't believe I did that, I smiled. It was relieving.

      As he was still inside, I pulled off the large shirt I was wearing over the top of my swimsuit. I decided to bring a different one than from the boat day, who knows why. This time a two piece, the top having a soft floral pattern with creams, olive green, and reds. And the bottoms were high waisted with the same pattern.

      I spotted him coming outside and awkwardly stood like there was royalty entering a dining hall, who knows why

      I spotted him coming outside and awkwardly stood like there was royalty entering a dining hall, who knows why. His suit was just a soft, plain light blue. I smiled at him, waving from afar. He walked up to me, slipping a hand behind my back that made me shiver.

       "You look very pretty today." He said, dancing me over to the edge of the pool. I was not expecting it, I should've been. He knew exactly what he was doing to me, manipulative as they come. I was a little mesmerized. I had no time to laugh, mid-sentence I was pushed back into the pool.

      I would have murdered him if it was any bit cold, also I didn't want to murder him.

      He lept in after me, almost on top of me. I ran my hands over my face as I laughed, pushing the water off my face. "You're not a gullible person why did you fall so hard for that." He laughed, swimming over to the shallow end where I had gone. "And I've fallen so hard for what? Your silly primary school joke?"

      "I'd say you've fallen so hard for me, but it's just a person to person opinion, isn't it?"

       I laughed hard, and sarcastically. "Very funny." And then he was doing a handstand. I went over to the side of the pool, hopping out to grab a volleyball that I saw a couple feet away. I turned to see H perched up on the edge of the pool, his head resting in his hands and the cheesiest grin on. He paused and shook his hair, drying it out enough for the curls to come back and crowd his eyes.

      "Stop looking at me." I said, instinctively. "I like looking at you." He said simply. "Not in a creepy way though... just because you're really beautiful."

      "You don't have to keep complimenting me." I said, sitting down on the edge next to him. "I don't care I'll keep doing it."

     I got up once more, after realizing that it was extremely dark, Harry requested I turn on the outdoor string of lights. They reflected on the water, it was really simple but so pretty. I once again found myself admiring Harry's tattoos just the same.