~Chapter 8~

Katsuki sat in his bedroom, fiddling with his hands as he waited for Kirishima to come home. His mind was racing and his body was shaking with the adrenaline from his fight with Deku. It had happened a mere half an hour ago, though it felt like it had been longer. He had been left alone with his thoughts, reflecting on what he said during their fight.

Would he actually go with Kirishima?

He shook his head and let out a sigh, putting his hands in his lap. He couldn't do that to his friends, or to his career. Katsuki had spent years climbing to the top, and he still had All Might's legacy on his shoulders.

The blonde was snapped out of his thoughts as the front door to their apartment opened, "Kat?"

"In our room!" He swallowed back his doubts and tried to relax. His goal was to use his time off to convince Kirishima to leave the League behind, it couldn't be too difficult.

Kirishima entered the bedroom that he and Katsuki shared with a light smile, his body very clearly shaking, though he said nothing about it. He slipped his shoulder pads off and pouted his lip, "Fatgum said we have to invite him to the wedding since I got time off."

Right. They were weeks away from getting married.

"Speaking of the wedding- can we have a bigger reception?" Katsuki watched as Kirishima started to remove his hero costume. "I know we agreed to something simple and small, but I want to invite some of our old classmates-"

Kirishima moved to their closet, pulling out a hoodie and a pair of sweats that Katsuki liked to steal, "I don't mind that but I-"

"And I want to uninvite my parents-" Katsuki managed out, moving his gaze to his lap. "And I want to invite my auntie instead,,,"

Kirishima paused and looked at Katsuki, "Kat, that's,"

"Dangerous?" Katsuki scolfed. "I know your plan, Ei."

Kirishima sighed and slipped a shirt on, moving and taking a seat at Katsuki's side. "Then why haven't you left?"

Katsuki shrugged his shoulders and slowly leaned against Kirishima.

The two sat in silence, before Kirishima finally spoke again.

"They have nothing that they're using against me Katsuki," His voice was soft. "I'm working with them willingly."

"Why," Katsuki tried to keep his voice from cracking. "Why would you work with them after everything they did to us?"

Kirishima clicked his tongue, "Denki has always and will always be my friend. And they've all grown on me, they aren't as bad as they were before, Katsuki, they're good people rejected by society."

"Quirk Discrimination," Katsuki mummered, Kirishima nodding and running a hand through the blonde's hair gently.

"Why are you guys trying to kidnap me?" Katsuki closed his eyes. "Why not try to convince me, or brainwash me again?"

"I won't let them," Kirishima sighed. "I love you, Katsuki. That's never been a lie."

Katsuki exhaled shakily and felt himself tearing up, "Is there any way I can convince you to leave them?"

"Kat-"

"I mean it, what can I do." The blonde looked up at the redhead, "I don't want you becoming a villain, Kiri. If you do that,,"

"Then you won't want to be a hero."

Katsuki nodded, then bit his lip, "Do they want me for my quirk, or, you know, the quirk Deku and I share?"

"God no. Only Shigaraki knows that the quirk even exists. He thinks only Izuku has it."

The blonde's body relaxed and he nodded slightly.

"We could run from it all?" Kirishima muttered.

"No." Katsuki sat up and shook his head. "Eijirou, I am the number one hero, I am not going to up and leave."

"Then what do you want to do?"

"I want you to drop the league and be a hero like you promised to be!"

"I can't," Kirishima stood up. "If I could I would've already!"