Chapter 9

Truth or Dare? No war.

Chapter 9.

Four P.O.V

     As soon as Lauren leaves I go to the fridge for a bottle of water, it's practically empty. Guess I'll have to go to the Dauntless Market. I grab my wallet off of the counter and walk out of the apartment; when I get to the market I pass by Tris, I avoid eye contact, but of course she still stares.

    I still can't belive she did that, I thought we were going to be friends. But I will not be friends with a liar. I grab a case of water and hand the clerk the money. I carry it down the hall to my apartment but I stop right in my tracks when I see my old friend from initiation carrying... Lauren into his apartment. What the hell? 

    I run into my apartment and set the case of water on the counter, taking a seat on one of the bar stools to calm down before I do something stupid. Tris was right... I was a total jerk to her and she was just trying to help me out. I can't help but feel the guilt. But, I need to stop focusing on Tris right now... I need to focus on Lauren; cheating Lauren. I pack all of her things into a few bags and walk out of the door, going to the door I saw her go into. I knock a few times and Blake answers the door, shirtless, oh great. "Tell Lauren we're done for me? Thanks." I walk away and leave my apartment hall, looking for Tris'. 

    I sigh in relief when I find it, I knock on the door and Tris answers the door in her pajamas: shorts and a t-shirt, her hair is also in a bun. "If your here to yell at me or-" I cut her off, "I'm here to apologize." She looks shocked but she leans against the door, I almost ask her why she isnt saying anything, then I remember I'm supposed to be saying something. "I'm sorry, I was a jerk to you...  I just saw Lauren go into Blakes apartment, she no longer lives with me, we're also done. I'm so sorry, Tris. I was an Idiot for not even giving you a chance  to explain." She smiles, 

    "It's okay. I was just trying to save you some hurt." I nod, scratching the back of my neck. "Have you had dinner yet?" She thinks a second, "No, I haven't actually." I grin, "care to join me?" She smiles back, "of course. Just let me change real quick, you can come inside." 

* * * * * 

    "Oooh, or that time you were completley drunk and started talking to me and my friends." My eyes widen, "What...? What did I do; what did I say?" She laughs and her face turns red, I can't help but laugh with her. "You told me some kind things," she winks, "but you also asked the cafeteria lady if she wanted to take you home and do... things." I hide my face with my hands, "Oh god, Tris. Beth or Margret?" She grins, "Margret." I gag, "Why didn't you stop me!?" I laugh harder than before and so does Tris. I can't belive I asked MARGRET to take me home. She is like a freaking raisin, she is also like ninty years old. 

    "Hey, youngsters, sorry to tell you this but we're closing, I'm going to have to ask you to flee." I nod and me and Tris leave our table, still laughing as I walk her to her apartment. "You know Tris, I had a really fun time tonight, we should do it again." She nods and looks at me, grining, "I'd love to." We reach her apartment and she unlocks the door, turning around before locking it, we are close... really close. She wraps her arms around me and I follow suit, shocked that she wanted to hug me of all people. When she pulls away she quickly kisses my cheek, my face burns, I'm sure it's BRIGHT red too. Joy. "See you later, Four." She grins and walks into her apartment and all I can bring myself to do is nod.

     I am like... I can feel my face on fire. 

     Oh Tris, you ruin me. 

*****

    When I wake up I am way too happy. I can't tell if it's because Lauren is no longer clinging on me or if it's because of Tris last night. Both? Yeah, defenitley both. I change into my usual outfit and quickly eat a gronola bar. I leave my apartment and walk to the control room, feeling energized and I'm smiling for no aparent reason. What is wrong with me? I enter the control room and I hear Zeke gasp, "HE'S SMILING! WHAT IS LIFE!?" I sit next to him and roll my eyes, "what did you do? You either did something evil or something good happened." I grin, "I'm single, dude." His eyes widen, "Laurens gone? YES!" I laugh and gus shush's us. 

   I get straight to work, having barley enough room in my brain for work when It's clogged with Tris. Ugh, this never happens. 

   Oh Tris, you ruin me.

I'm so sorry for not updating guys, I have just been going through some stupid buy troubles and it has really taken it's toll on my routine. Don't feel left out though, I'm trying to get everything back together. Trying to update again. :/