Chapter Three

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Broken Promise.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dakota's Pov:

Us three brothers have a rule that we promised each other that we'd follow. That rule was: Once we're in our room, you can't leave until you know it's safe. Well... today was the day that I broke that promise....
Father's never even TRIED to go this far before...
"Lui..I'm sorry. Please stay here and do not come out until I tell you to." I say as I stood up from sitting on the bed. He was sitting on the floor against the bed.
"What? Wait you're not gonna... Dakota you can't!" He said as he got up too. "We promised that we'd follow the rule no matter what because if more then one of us got hurt then... then there's no one there to protect the people who aren't hurt..."
"I'm sorry-"
"No! If you're going then I'm going to! Two against one has I higher probability of winning the one against one does!"
"Fine.. but.. stay behind me okay?"
"Okay." Lui agreed with me. I opened the door. I can here River's screams come to a sudden stop. I look over my shoulder to see Lui's fear filled face.
"He's gonna be okay I promise..." I said quietly, starting to walk down the hallway.
I no longer here mom crying so she must of fallen asleep. We made our way down stairs. I look around going to the kitchen first.
Sh*t!
There was blood on the floor. I quickly ran out of the kitchen and out to the living room to then see the bathroom light on with the door closed.
Is that.. water slashing..?
I walked to the bathroom door. I kicked it open to see father trying to drown River. (That's actually really sad... at least it was a bathtub and not a river :/ do you get it..? Bad timing? Ok I'll stop-) I ran at him as fast as I could. In a blink of an eye I was on top of him, us fighting like the world depended on it. Lui was still behind me so while I was fighting this monster of a human, he quickly grabbed River from the bathtub and laid him down on the floor. I took a final punch to fathers face and knocked him out cold. I then got up and went over to my little brothers. I quickly checked if River was still breathing... he wasn't. I had Lui go behind me as I started to do cpr (is that what people do when someone drowned? Or do they just do chest compressions?).

Finally!!!
He started to breathe again! I turned him onto his side as he started to cough up a lot of water. Once he was done coughing up all the water, he weakly looked at us and gave a small smile.
"Thanks... for saving... me.."
"No problem bunny..."
"Dakota we should get him to the hospital... fast... he could still die from second hand drowning..." (is that what it's called? When you can still drown from having left over water still in your lungs? Idk)
"Shoot.. can you get the car ready please. I'm gonna bandages him up really quick." I replied to Lui. He nodded as he stood up and walked out of the room. I stood up and got bandages from the cabinet (had to step over father).
"H..Hey Dakota..? What...What happened to... father...?"
"I finally beat him in a fight!" I said with a proud grin. I found the bandages and walked back over to River. "This might sting a little." I cleaned the cuts and a few little burns and wrapped them. He hissed in pain as I cleaned them out. "Now we gotta get you to the car and think of a story to tell the doctors..." I helped him up.
We slowly made our way to the car where Lui was waiting. I sat River in the back seat with Lui and then hopped into the drivers seat. We all buckled up and drove to be nearest hospital.

~~~Time skip~~~

We thought of a pretty good story and the doctors believed it. River had to spend a few hours getting checked out and then we could go home. The doctors also stitched some of the cuts and gave us a prescription for burn ointment cream stuff.

~~~Time Skip (again)~~~

We got back to the house. I sent River to go sleep as well as Lui. Once they were in bed I started to clean up the mess that the house had become. After I was done cleaning the kitchen, front entry, and living room, I went to the bathroom. Father was no longer in there so I'm guessing that he went out to drink again. I cleaned the bathroom and then went up to bed, preparing myself for the terrible day of school that was to come when I woke up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry I haven't had many run ins with Thomas or the Sides yet! I promise that there will be some in the next chapter! Anyways! Have a great rest of your day or night guys, gals, and other valid human pals!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*864 words*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~