Chapter Four

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thomas!?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

River's Pov:

CRASH!
I shot up from me bed.
What the heck was that!?
I quickly got changed knowing that we had school today woke up Dakota and Luis and then ran downstairs to see what the noise was.
I got to the bottom step and then peeked my head around to walk so that I could see into the kitchen.
Oh.. I guess it was just mom being clumsy.
I walked into the kitchen to help her pick up the pots and pans that she dropped. "Are you alright?"
"Yes sweetheart, you know me and my clumsiness!" She said with a little smile. I smiled back and put the pots and pans away. "Oh! You have school! Would you like me to make you breakfast or lunch?" My mother asked me.
"You don't have to, I'm not hungry and I have money for lunch at school. Thoooouugh I better that Lui and Dakota are probably gonna be hungry when they come down" I said giving a smile.
"Than I'll make some pancakes and then you boys can heat the leftovers up for dinner!"
"Sounds perfect mom" I smiled again. "I'm gonna go get my backpack and get fully ready for school. The other two will probably be down any minute." I said as I walked away. Mom started to make breakfast and I went up to the upstairs bathroom to brush my teeth and try to fix my crazy, fluffy hair.

 Mom started to make breakfast and I went up to the upstairs bathroom to brush my teeth and try to fix my crazy, fluffy hair

This is what he looks like today^^^

Once I was done in the bathroom I went back to my room to get my bag. I quickly got it and then went back downstairs to find Lui and Dakota eating pancakes at the table with mom. I guess dad probably stayed the night at a friends house since I haven't seen him yet. "Hey m-mom, when we leave why don't you go to grandma or auntie's house.."
"Oh... I.. I would love to but.. I can't."
"Sure you can! He's not here to stop you!" Lui added.
"But what about when he gets home and.. and can't find me... I'll have to return later and he'll... he'll be really mad and... and he'll..."
"Mom please... we will worry about that when the time comes and plus! You'll get to see baby Leah if you go to auntie's house! Or nana and papa if you go to their house!" Dakota said.
"I..I guess one day won't hurt... that badly..." she said with a small smile that was coated in worry.
"Th-Thank you mom... we all love you and want the best for you." I said with a small close eyes smile. She smiled back.
"Thank you boys.. I'll send you a message when I decide where I'll be going sit hen you can come too."
"Oh shoot! We gotta go! Sorry mom, We'll see you after school! I'm going to a friends house while their school is going on but you can call me if you need anything! Love you!" Dakota said as he stood up and gave mom a quick peck on the forehead.
"Love you too! Stay safe you three!"
"Will do!" Lui said as we all ran out the door. We all ran to school so that mom could use the car.

~~Time Skip~~

We got to the school all out of breath. Dakota made sure we got there ok and then left. Once we all were breathing normally again, Me and Lui parted ways and headed to our separate classes.
I got to my home room and sat in the seat that was in the back corner by the window. I know, very cliche. I put my bag down next to my chair and pulled out my headphones and note book. I put the headphones on and then turned on the song Freckles and Constellations by Dodie. I had the volume low so that I could still hear when the teacher came in. I then took out a pencil and started drawing in the notebook that I had.
A few minutes had gone by before I felt a tap on my shoulder. I took off my headphones and looked over to the person. "Thomas!? What-What are you doing here?" I asked surprised that he was in my class.
"I apparently have the same homeroom as you! I'm glad because I actually didn't have any friends in this class before." He said rubbing the back of his neck. "Oh. And I was curious.. why didn't you ever message me? I don't think you're a person who lies about stuff so I'm guessing that something must of come up...?"
"Oh no! I totally forgot! I'm so sorry yes-yesterday was really hectic and crazy so I completely for-forgot about sending you a message! I swear I didn't mean-mean to and I still really want-ant to be friends! So please don't think I was trying to be mean or anything like that-"
"Hey." He cut me off. "That's 100% understandable. Life can be crazy sometimes and I know you weren't trying to be rude or mean." He said with a smile.
"Really..?"
"Yup!"
"Thanks.." I said with a smile. "I..I don't really have any friends so I'm glad that I met a person as understanding as you..."
"Wait really? If you don't mind me asking.. is there a reason why?" He said while taking the seat next to me that was coincidentally empty.
"Um.. well.. because no one wants to be friends with the local and open "gay" kid that t-twitches and stutters.." I made air quotes when saying the word gay. "I'm not even gay... I'm pansexual... but everyone thinks I'm disgusting. I mean you probably think I'm disgusting now too-" I stop when I see the giant smile in his face. "Wh..what? Why are you smiling?" I say tilting my head a little.
"Hello, from one of your fellow lgbtq+ members!"
"Wait.. wh-what? Really!?" I say with the biggest smile that I've ever had.
"Yup!"
"I'm not alone then..?"
"Not at all" he laughed. "We should hangout sometime soon and then I can introduce you to some of my other friends too!"
"That.. that would be awesome!" I said with stars in my eyes.

"Well then, can you hangout after school?" He asked

"Umm... I'm not sure I'll have to ask my m-mom. I'll give you-you an answer by the end of the d-day!" I say with excitement. Just then the teacher walks in. I put away my headphones and note book and turn my attention towards him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I kept my promise! 😁 I hope you enjoyed this chapter and have an amazing rest of your day or night! Goodbye guys gals and other valid human pals!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*1136 words*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~