Prologue

The judge threw down her gavel, giving the final verdict in the case. "In the case of Y/N L/N vs Julie and Takashi L/N, Y/N is granted the requested emancipation and the financial help needed to get her own life started. You will get the details after all people present vacate the area. Y/N please stay behind in the back." 

      I was shocked, but I didn't let my face show it. Freedom. That was the only word running through my mind. I didn't look at my parents but I felt their stares. I was finally free of the hell they put me through, all the years of the yelling and screaming now seemed to be so far behind me. The days of feeling empty. The days of telling my friends that the bruises given to me were from accidents. I looked over to my lawyer who smiled at me, "We won" she softly said to me while she put her hand on my shoulder, I flinched and she gave me an apologetic look "You should go now, you have a life to get started" I nodded and smiled back at her. 

     I walked toward the officer who was supposed to take me to where I would get more information. I knew I shouldn't have, but I did. I turned around and made eye contact with my bastard of a father. He stared back at me with cold, rage-filled eyes. The same look he gave me everyday of my life.

    That stare would forever haunt my dreams. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

はじめまして!

It's nice to meet you!

Some things and keys you will need when reading this book are:

Italicized sentences are spoken in English.

(Note: In the prologue, the spoken language is English but I didn't italicize it because it was the main language being spoken.)

Normal text is spoken in Japanese.

Bolded text is spoken in Y/N's head or the head of the current characters perspective. 

Y/N is a female (I'm sorry for all my non-binary and male friends! But since this is my first published story, I want to go easy on myself this time.)

This story will not follow the Haikyuu!!! storyline perfectly!

Whenever I write I like to be free and sticking to a strict storyline makes me lose passion in the story.

This story might have hiragana in it, but it will always be followed by the Romaji interpretation with an English translation, so don't be intimidated if you see Hiragana symbols! 

I'm a native English speaker! I'm still a studying Japanese student so if I get something wrong, don't be scared to point it out, but don't be rude about it!

I'm always opened to criticism! If you want to point out something that you think will make the story better, if there are errors, or you don't understand something, just say so, it's okay! I don't have any proof readers, just me and autocorrect. :)

Here's the key for anybody new to reading stories Y/N style:

Y/N- Your Name

L/N- Your Last Name

F/C- Favorite Color

H/L- Hair Length

H/C- Hair Color

(Note: I will try to refrain from using hair and hair color in the story too much for all my friends who may not have hair, you exist too my friends uwu)

Any other abbreviations that weren't mentioned here will be identified at the beginning of the chapter.

The stories POV might change throughout the story. If the perspective is changed it will be clarified before hand. 

I'm still a student! Meaning that updates will most likely happen on the weekend, but sometimes I might be able to update on the week days. 

あリがとうごさいました!

Thank you! New chapters are coming soon :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~