•1•

𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘

𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘

(Y/N's POV)

The night was cold as I rubbed my palms on my arms. A light fog blew out of my mouth as I gently blew away the coldness from my freezing hands. The night was dark as it is, and the stars refused to shine during that night. Clouds huddle along together as they darken just like the sky itself. My heart wrings as it reminds me of the early memories of pain. It seems as if it was following me, to remind me of what it was before. The horrors my mind still reminds me even to this day.

I feel a gentle pat on my back as I face the older man beside me. He seems to notice my expression as he chuckles softly "Don't worry, I'll come back soon" He assures. That's right, I wasn't supposed to think of that. That was all in the past. Today was the day when my brother, Daichi will soon be leaving. He is off to Korea to take care of my parents who both just suffered from an accident. I could have come with him right now, but the class was coming up soon and he suggested staying here since I just came. I sighed, it felt so distant to stay here. Although there were tons of people here, there was only one person who made me feel less. I clasp the necklace dangling on my neck as I played with the pendant. My face turning down as I hum in reply.

"Come on, don't feel so sad" he huffed as he pinched my cheeks. He squeezed them away from each other to form a smile on my face "There, come on smile for me" He laughed as he sees my lips pout in frustration. I quickly pull his hands away from my face as I urge him to stop. Wiping off the tear from his eyes, he stops laughing "Come on, you do know why I brought you here, didn't you miss Japan?" He reminds, fixing his glasses to wipe off the fog from the lens.

"It feels different without her" I face away, toying with the necklace faster. "It used to be fun when she's around, but now..." I stop, trailing off to find the appropriate word to say. He too pauses as if he was waiting for me to say more, but I didn't. My (E/C) gently glance at the glass beside me as I touch the cold pane. My hands too felt cold, and it was pale. It was like I was scared of something. I bit my lip as I suddenly face back at him. Trying my best to smile, I say "I'll wait for you to come back"

His grin was small as if he knew I was lying. He pats my head softly as he gripped his bag tighter. I brought you here to enjoy, yet it seems like it's getting worse He says to himself. "Well then, see you" He waves, turning his back to me as he walks to the departure area. My hand too was stuck in the air as I was left standing on the same spot for a while. I couldn't help but worry as my feet were glued to the ground. I felt my lips quiver as I then left off to my own way as well. Just as if the sky was feeling the same sadness as me, it started to rain.

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

I groan as I wake, annoyed by the terrible noise that disturbed my sleep. I turned off the alarm from my phone as I glance at the time. My eyes widened like saucers as I quickly got out of bed. "I can't believe I snoozed it for a long time" I wailed, grabbing the uniform from my closet as I start to slip it all in. Grabbing a piece of bread from the container, I gobbled it all up to avoid getting late.

Somehow, I wasn't used to waking up in the early morning. During those days in Korea, I barely even left my bed at all. It felt comforting in a way. It was like the only place I could seek warmth in such a cold atmosphere. Because of that, I too wasn't able to come to my classes for most of the days when I lived with my parents. I barely got out or left the room too, I didn't want to go out.

Because I knew she wouldn't be there.

Although I arrived here just a few weeks ago, I still couldn't somehow keep my room clean. It always consisted of drawn papers, scattered pencils and remnants of dried paint on the clean white wall, and somehow I felt slight comfort in this place. The way things go over the place messily or how they would sometimes flow away when the wind comes by. It's nostalgic, but somehow I felt pity. They were like birds but instead of taking which direction they choose, they let the wind tell them where to go. If lucky they might end up in an unknown world the breeze has to offer, or if not they could end up breaking apart on a flowing river. And I had already fallen unto the water.

Slowing breaking apart as the pads become soft.

I quickly organized some parts of the bed but still failed to do so. The blanket wasn't folded well and the pillows were slightly uneven as if someone threw it there. I let it be as I placed the bag over my shoulder and took a quick look in the mirror. Combing my hair I find it hard to give my reflection a glance. I bit my cheeks on the inside as I held on to the necklace with the other hand. My (E/C) orbs caught the silver rat pendant, dangling on my neck. It wasn't extraordinary, but it was plain and beautiful. The pendant was silver and flat, the designs weren't exactly detailed and flashy but I held it close to my heart.

After realizing that I was taking a long time, I rushed off to school. The place wasn't that far from here, luckily, which is one of the reasons why I decided to transfer here. Scrolling to see any messages left on my phone. Daichi left a few of them, reminding me about school and how he arrived safely. He also left a long paragraph about how to live independently. I cringed as he talked about not letting anyone in as long it's relevant. I shoved it into my pocket as my eyebrows furrowed in frustration.

He gets annoying nowadays for some reason. I never really knew what the reason is. All I do know is that he's using this to think that I might open up to him, hoping that I could probably wrap my arms around his body and hug him tightly as if we've never met for a long time. It wasn't cute, rather annoying. Although I would admit, he was just trying to help me, I didn't think it was worth it for me to be thought of that way. I was tired of letting people help me. It felt scary once someone tried to do so.

Even though the weather was warm, I felt cold. It was as if a pack of ice touched my skin. I gripped onto my bag tighter as I rushed forward, pressing my frozen hands on my pendant. The silver accessory felt like a warm kiss on my touch, my breathing slowed down as I looked up. To my surprise, I had finally arrived. It didn't seem that far as I was lost in thought. Inhaling deeply one more time, I took a step and got inside.