•2•

❝ 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘 ❞

❝ 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘 ❞

(Yuki's POV)

Yuki walked along the sidewalk with his hands on his side. His grey bangs flowing gently in the air as he tried to occupy his mind. No one utter a single word as they walked. It was eerily silent. He had to start a conversation to break off the the cold atmosphere. Sadly, he wasn't just with Tohru, Kyo was unluckily with them as well.

Just a few days ago, Tohru had arrived in the household. He felt peace around her as she acts so caring and motherly in a way. Sadly, luck wasn't by his side as well. Just as his new life with Tohru began, Kyo had arrived and interfered in his peace.

Shigure too made it worse as he brought Kyo alongside them to study together. Oh what a nightmare. He had to suffer living with his perverted cousin and now the stupid cat was with him too?! Yuki sighed in despair. If only he could be able to live his life in peace, without being able to worry about anything.

He felt a light tap on his shoulder. He turned his head to see the brown-haired female, giving him a close-eyed smile. "Anything in your mind Sohma-san?" She asks. He pauses for a while as he shakes his head in assurance.

"Don't worry, I'm fine Honda-san"

And just like that, the fire inside his chest was now gone. Clear crystals waters flowing softly in his heart. It was a good thing Tohru was able to stay with them. Maybe she could keep the peace together around the household.

He felt someone nudge his shoulder as he saw Kyo rushing forward, moving the grey-haired man aside. "Geez you walk so slow" He retorted, clicking his tongue in annoyance. Obviously, he wanted to piss off the rat in order to challenge him. He was sure he could be able to win this time.

Yuki didn't move a single muscle as he only stopped in his tracks. Trying to inhale deep breaths for him to call himself down. "What? Don't be a coward and fight me, you don't have to keep it all in. Show some courage and face me you damn rat!" Kyo too stopped walking as he face Yuki with a smirk plastered in his face. His orange eyes showing passion and energy, ready to light up anytime as long as he's able to fight this man.

Tohru stared at both of the males in front of her. Trying to smile she decided to calm the two of them down. Sadly, it seemed like she wasn't there. They were too focused, staring at each other's eyes with such hatred that could burn down the whole world.

Yuki let out a smirk as he then gazed at the red-head's face. His bangs slanting sideways as if to cover his whole look. But his eyes glistened enough anger to have Tohru shiver. "You really won't give up won't you?" Yuki tested him, letting go of his bags as it dropped in the cemented floor. There were no people in sight which made the atmosphere much grim.

Tohru gulped down her saliva as she tried to stop both of the males before a fight starts. "I-I think there's a better solution than fighting" She tells them, but neither of them faced her.

With a smile in his face, Kyo yells at the bottom of his lungs "Then let's fight rat boy!" He tightens his fist to form a punch and aimed it for his opponent's face. But as soon as his fist nearly touches his cheeks, Yuki was able to grab his arm and kicked the red-head's stomach.

Kyo laid to the ground, groaning in pain as he tried to glance at his rival in front of him. Yuki didn't even dare to look at his pained form as he only grabbed his bag and slid it on his shoulder. "Kyo-kun!" Tohru rushed to his side as she tried to lift him up. "Is it bleeding? Can you still stand up?"

"Leave him be Honda-san" Yuki flatly said "He has faced a lot of fights like this, he can stand on his own after a few minutes" Tohru didn't take his word as she was engulfed at her friend's groans.

"Hah! This wouldn't take long rat!" Kyo reminded him, though his voice was still sore due to the recent fight they had. "Sometime soon, I would defeat you"

Yuki left off, not even bothered by his warnings. Although he liked walking to school with Tohru, he decided to walk by himself today. Honestly, why was the stupid cat so desperate to be part of the zodiac. Nothing is going to change even he arrives. Most of all, being a part of them was a nightmare. The bond between God and the zodiacs scared him. He remembered those memories when he was inside his special room.

A dark hole, holding nothing but emptiness. He could feel his arms shiver just remembering about that. He desperately wanted to be free but it seemed like there was no way in going to. He was alone, and empty. Seeking for love and comfort because he never achieved it before. And then suddenly she arrived...

Tohru was the one who showed him happiness despite having suffered the most. She showed him that he could still be happy even if the world isn't by his side. And to him, he was grateful, to have her caring for them as if they were all part of her family.

Suddenly, a shiver ran down his spine. What if Tohru had met Akito. What if they happen to stumble  each other in which he feared the most. He doubt Kyo can protect her as well. He turned his back to run but as soon as he did, the school bell started to ring. That was fast, he suppose that he was probably too engulfed in his thoughts that the minutes seemed to pass by so quickly.

"Sohma-san!" He hears, turning his head, he face the brown-haired girl he worried the most. Indeed, just seeing her smile made him sigh in relief. She's alright he thought. Don't worry, if she can still be happy, then so can he.