Chapter 11

----------------------------

Cameron's POV

After an uneventful shift last night I came home and passed out, completely forgetting to even eat dinner. That would probably explain why I woke up starving. I decided since it's Monday, my day off, I was going to treat myself to some bacon and eggs.

I turned on some music and hummed along as I cooked. I loved to cook and bake. I haven't been able to cook much lately, and I really missed it. I'll have to try and make some freezer meals during my days off for the rest of the week. That'll be something fun to do.

As I ate my food I scrolled through Pinterest on my phone. It was one of my favorite apps because there were always so many inspirational art ideas on there. After a nice breakfast and several pinned ideas to try, I washed my dishes and settled into my living room to watch some tv.

I decided to set on some Bobs Burgers since I've seen it so many times and pulled out my laptop to research some good recipes to try. The best part about cooking for me was all the endless dishes you could create with basically the same base ingredients.

About a bit over an hour in I looked at the clock and realized I hadn't ordered my medication yet. Shit I have to do that today. I quickly pulled out my phone and opened the pharmacy app, requesting a refill. I got a notification a few minutes later that it would be ready by 5:30 tonight. Thank god my pharmacy stayed open until 9:00. Since it was only 1:30 I decided to keep watching my show and scrolling through recipes. Maybe I'd take a little nap, that sounded nice.

The droning tone of my phone ringing pulled me from my thoughts. I looked down and immediately fought off the confusion once I saw it was the institution my mom was at.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Cameron William?"

"Yes, this is."

"Hi my name is Stacy and I'm with St. Joseph's Institute for Mental Health. I'm calling in regards to your mother, Kylie Williams."

"Yes, what about her? Is everything okay?" I asked worriedly. I may not have a stable relationship with my mother but I still worried for her.

"There was an... incident. Everything is alright now but is there any chance you can come in today to discuss some things with me? I will be in the office until 7:00 tonight."

"Oh, um, alright yes. I can leave in about the next twenty minutes, but it will take me about an hour to get there. Is that alright?"

"Yes that's perfect. When you get to the front desk tell them you're here to meet with Stacy Thompson and they'll direct you on where to go."

"Okay, sounds good. Thank you."

"Alright, thank you. I'll see you soon. Bye bye."

"Bye." All I felt as I hung up was complete and utter confusion. What could have possibly happened? Not wanting to waste any more time I quickly got up and changed out of my pajamas. After a quick peek at Roberto's food and water I locked up and was on my way.

The whole drive there I couldn't stop my anxiety from picturing every terrible possibility I could think of. Oh god, what if she's dead? I don't think I'm mentally prepared for that. She would've told me on the phone, wouldn't she? Right?

Thankfully. I made it to the institution before my thoughts could spiral any more than they already had. As I walked towards the building I could feel the dread building up at the base of my throat. No matter the reason I came here I always hated it. This building doesn't bring good feelings to me. Or memories for that matter.