Chapter 17

----------------

Cameron's POV

I have never been so tired in my whole life. And, that's coming from a chronic insomniac. The one thing that was stronger than my sleepiness currently, was my hunger. I was starving. I slowly stretched, wincing as a sharp pain ran through my head. Not wanting to cause anymore pain I sat up as slowly and gently as I could. As I was sitting up, Bear woke up from the pillow beside mine and meowed softly at me. I just smiled in response. I reached out and gave him a couple pets on the head before getting out of bed. For some reason I swore I could hear voices out in my apartment. That's weird, I live alone.

I groaned and got up, making my way out of my room. The sight before me stumped me. There in my doorway, in all his glory, was Gavin. Shirtless. He seemed to be talking to Granny Peg. I was so confused.

"Granny Peg? What are you doing here? Wait, Mas-," I caught myself before I said the word Master in front of Granny Peg, clearing my throat I continued, "Gavin, why are you shirtless? No, wait, why are you in my doorway? What's happening?" I asked, the last part quietly to myself. This elicited a soft snort from Master Gavin.

"Oh, deary, you don't look good at all. Why don't you have a seat here while Granny Peg makes you a nice warm cup of tea. Just how you like it," Granny Peg said while making her way into the apartment and patting me on the chest. I watched her make her way into the kitchen to get the kettle and tea supplies out. It's no surprise she knows where everything was, given how many times we've had tea together.

I looked over at Gavin just as he came over to help me sit at the counter. Since I was still a little dizzy, I appreciated the help. I watched him make his was back to the bathroom and emerge shortly after with a shirt on this time. Disappointing. I was enjoying the view. Master Gavin made his way back to to breakfast bar and took a seat next to me. He looked over at me and smiled.

"Well, Cameron, I gotta say you're looking a bit better today. How are you feeling?"

"Um, I'm alright, my head hurts quite a bit though," I answered, still a bit confused on why he was here. Not that I wasn't appreciating the view...

"Of course! Let me get you some water and your meds. That should help a bit," he said while bouncing up and into the bathroom. He came back out with a pill bottle and made his way to the cupboards by the sink to get a cup out and fill it with water. Once he was finished he handed me the cup of water and two small white pills. 

"What are these?"

He looked at me funnily. "They're the meds the doctor prescribed for you for your concussion. Remember?" 

I wrinkled my eyebrows and tried to think. I knew I had a concussion, but what happened? Suddenly, it hit me like a freight train. My eyes widened. Oh. I got knocked over and hit my head. I had a concussion. I called Master Graham about work... oh. Oh, no. Then he and Gavin came to get me. How could I have forgotten that? How long has Gavin been in my home?

"Have you been here the whole time? Wait, how much time has actually passed?" I asked, finally taking the pills. 

He laughed, "Yeah I've been here keeping an eye on you and your cat. It's been a couple days now. This is the first day you've been fully coherent, though. You've slept pretty consistently since your accident."

Granny Peg tutted at that. "Good. God knows that boy needs some sleep," She said while placing a cup of tea in front of me and Master Gavin. 

"Oh, tea for me?" Gavin asked, surprised. 

"Why of course, deary. I was raised with manners. Now drink your tea, both of you," she said with a final nod. I watched as she grabbed her own cup and sat at the bar on the other side of me. She quietly sipped her tea and looked at us expectantly.