Chapter 18

-----------------

Cameron's POV

I woke gradually to the feeling of someone running their hand through my hair gently. I moaned softly, legs twitching. I could feel the dense weight of my cat on my hip. I slowly opened my eyes and looked up at Gavin's smiling face.

"Hey there. How are you feeling?" He asked softly, still running his hand through my hair. I sighed quietly and stretched my legs.

"A bit better actually," I said almost too quiet. Gavin hummed at that signaling to me that it was at least loud enough for him to hear. 

"I'm glad to hear that, pet. I know it's a bit late, but would you be interested in a shower? I know it's been a while since you had one and I figured the steam might help you feel better too," He mused. This time it was my turn to hum in response. That did sound like it would be nice. I nodded and patted Roberto's head to get him to get up. Once he hopped off me I slowly sat up, with Gavin's assistance. He smiled softly at me. 

"Wait, where's Gran?" I asked, embarrassingly just noticing she was missing.

"Oh, she headed home. It's pretty late and she was ready to get to sleep," He said while helping me stand up from the couch. I nodded at that. That made sense. I felt bad I fell asleep while she was here though. I didn't get to say goodnight. 

"Don't worry, I said goodnight to her for the both of us," He said as if reading my mind. He helped me into my bedroom.

"Why don't you pick out what you're going to wear after your shower, and I'll set up the bathroom for you. That way you can just change right in the bathroom," He said while turning back to the entryway of my room. I nodded in response, making my way to my dresser. Comfy clothes, comfy clothes.... I thought to myself opening my drawers to grab what I wanted. I grabbed a simple pair of gray sweatpants, a plain black t shirt and reached into my underwear dresser feeling something soft. He wouldn't know... would he? No, of course not. I nodded to myself and grabbed the pair of underwear I was touching, balling it up into my shirt.

I made my way towards the bathroom just as he was walking out of it. He smiled automatically when he saw me. He stood to the side and held his arm out to me, gesturing for me to enter.

"Perfect timing," He said. "I have everything ready for you. I looked it up and your stitches should be fine in the shower. To be on the safe side though, try not to get them consistently wet."

"Okay, I can do that," I said, entering the bathroom and putting my clothes down on the counter. He nodded at that.

"Alright, great. I'm going to leave you to it then. I'll be just right over in the kitchen, if you need anything, just shout. I'm going to leave the door a bit ajar just in case, okay?" He said while pulling the door towards him.

"Okay, thank you." He nodded once more and closed the door mostly, walking away. Only once I heard one of the chairs at the breakfast bar scrape against the floor did I start to undress. I undressed quickly, throwing my dirty laundry in the hamper I had in the corner, and stepped into the shower, sighing in relief almost immediately. That feels nice. I slowly turned letting the water run down my head and back, being careful to avoid my stitches like Master Gavin said.

As I washed myself, my thoughts kept wandering back to Gavin. He's been staying at my apartment, willingly. He's been so nice to me lately too. It's so weird because before just a couple weeks now I would say Gavin didn't even know who I was. I don't think I was ever really on his radar before. Not that I didn't like the attention though. It was so weird cause all I wanted was for him to notice me, be attracted to me, and now that he was here, it felt like a trick. I was so used to bad things happening that I was waiting for the other shoe to drop.