Chapter Eighteen

"I'll be back before the sun sets" Mia said to Nick as he held the car's door open for her.

"Do you want me to come pick you up?" He asked.

Mia shook her head. "No I'll be fine. I'm taking the car you don't need to come"

"Be safe" Nick muttered before stepping back and closing the door. Mia smiled in reply and waved to him before driving out of the gates of the Mansion. Even though she wanted to spend the day with Nick and Leah, Xavier's message had drawn her out of home.

Xavier was leaving Silver Lake for a few days for some work. He asked her if she wanted to read the Legacy today since the library would be closed till he came and as much as she wanted to disagree the Legacy had caught her attention as fast as Xavier had.

Mia didn't want to hurry but she was driving faster than usual. She could feel the excitement in her belly as the Library neared.

Xavier was waiting by the door for her. This wasn't the first time he was doing it even though Mia had told him that it was completely unnecessary.

"You know you don't have to" Mia muttered as Xavier opened the car door.

"I wanted to" He smiled. "Thank you for coming in such a short notice."

As they started walking to the door Mia noticed that their hands touched with every step they took. "How long were you outside Xavier? Your hands are so cold" She said.

"Not very long. Would you warm them for me if I asked?"

The smile was still intact on Xavier's lips when they walked inside. The Library was closed today. Xavier had informed her about it before. "The fireplace would help you better" Mia mumbled, as if my cheeks were any less warm than the fireplace right now. She didn't voice the later.

Xavier laughed. "I doubt that" He said before walking over the shelf that had Legacy in it. He picked it up and kept it on the table Mia sat in front of.

"When will you be back?" She asked as Xavier took his seat. He had pulled a chair beside her today instead of sitting in front of her.

"I'm not sure yet" He mumbled while he opened the book and took out the chapter they had read.

Mia felt her heart beating against her throat. "Will you come back at all?"

Xavier looked up. "Would you miss me if I didn't?" The smile was back on his lips again.

Mia leaned back against the chair. "I'd miss the library"

Xavier's smile turned into a grin. "I see, after hearing your answer I think my plan of asking you out wouldn't really turn out positive."

"Your what?" Mia asked, her voice an octave higher than it usually is.

"My plan of taking you out on a date" Xavier repeated, keeping his gaze steady on her.

"That's not a very good way to ask someone out Xavier" Mia replied crossing her hands over her chest. "I might have thought about it if you asked properly"

"Well you planted a stake at my heart by saying you'd just miss the library" He placed his hand over his heart in emphasis.

"Right" Mia rolled her eyes.

Xavier turned, facing Mia. His knees touching the side of her thighs as he bent closer to her. "I don't think I could leave this place even if I wanted to" He mumbled. "I'd miss seeing you so lost in books, I'd miss reading to you and I'd miss you"

"Xavier-"

"Let me complete" He said cutting her off. "Will you go on a date with me after I come back?"

"I'd love to" Mia smiled. "Is the stake out of your heart now?" She added.

"Definitely" Xavier laughed, turning back to the table. "Ready?"

Mia nodded.

"Emmett, will later came to be known as the preserver of the Vampire world. However before anything of that sort happened. They spent the next few centuries finding about the world they belonged to now. They were neither dead, nor they could go back to living like humans. For thousands of years, they lived in the shadows concealing themselves as much as they could. However they were not successful every time, some times they had to abandon lands and escape in to hiding. Until one day they were finally caught by the White Witch.

Unlike every other supernatural being, the existence of White witches and wizards dates back longer than any other supernatural creature. It has also been said that the werewolves were created from the curse of the witches as their protectors. The White Witch was the greatest of them all, she was also known as the preserver of magic. She cured people with curses inflicted on them by dark magic.

After knowing the situation which forced the brother and sister to be the way they are now, the White Witch decided to end their curse. She blessed them with a few human powers. The ability to survive a few days on food, to withstand sunlight and to find a soulmate who would accompany them through their eternal life. In return, she asked their alliance.

That's the end of Chapter Two"

Mia took a deep breath. "Well, it's getting a little unbelievable with the involvement of witches and werewolves" She said.

"Was it believable when they were not?"

"Of course not!" Mia protested. "I meant the story had started out logically, however the witch suddenly taking away all their problems seemed laughable."

"Everything comes with a price Mia. The good, the bad. That's how the world balances"

"So you're saying that they'll have to pay for everything they received?"

Xavier turned the page and opened a new chapter. "Lets find out.

The alliance with White Witch paid peace to Emmett and Myra's unjustified turning. Soon, Myra met her beloved in somewhere close to Italy. Myra, driven by the fear of losing her human beloved to age decided to turn him. The result was far better than they had excepted, it was hard to control Giovanni, Myra's mate at first but as days passed Giovanni learnt to control himself better. He was almost the same as they had been when they turned, more in tune with his human side rather the feral one.

It took another decade for Emmett to find his beloved, or so he believed as. He had had already decided on the fact that he would not turn his beloved in to the cursed life he lived. However this time, his supposed mate begged him to turn her and just like any other man he caved. The result was much more destructive than they had ever thought.

Violetta, had tricked Emmett in to believing that she was his mate and  she turned, she was even more ferocious and powerful than the Father.

Violetta was a patron of Black Magic. Everything the white witch stood against of and with the help of her newly developed powers she set out to capture and demolish everything of the White Witch.

A six month long war lasted between Violetta and the army of black witches and wizards Violetta had turned. In the end Violetta was destroyed and most of her army was killed. Those left, pledged their alliance to Emmett and Myra. Inspite of their violent tendencies they learnt to control themselves through time and later came to be known as the Infected. The breed of the vampires who changed themselves for their own interest. The White Witch punished them with a life of loneliness. Hence, they'd never find a beloved to stay with them.

However, every human who had been wrongly turned by Violetta were given a chance at having their beloveds. It was also noticed that they were much less violent than the infected race and they later came to be known as the affected. "