Little friend (1/1)

Hello~!

+++++++++++++

the sun was shining from the ground slowly coloring the dark world with its beautiful orange-golden light, there is a castle was a boy about the age of 4-5 sitting on a window with his feet dangling down without a care in the world. The boy was none other than Alex, Alex preparing for his journey to get stronger and trusted aids that would help him later, and he was absolutely not leaving the castle for the good he needed this kingdom later. Alex wanted to level up enough to stand against the people, even though in this world the people here weren't much exaggeration he was just a kid, who didn't have the physical condition to even take down a maid.

He grabbed a rope made of bed-sheets and curtains, and hopped straight out the window without any fear or hesitation, as this was not new to him. after landing a few feet near the ground and let go of the rope and landed on the ground, he wobbled a little and almost and almost fell since he wasn't used to this small body yet. Heaving a sigh of relief he looked out to the sun with a huge grin that held a lot of excitement, when he was about to run in the direction of the sun, where the city was, he heard rustling from the bush beside him, he jumped slightly not at all expecting this, on reflex he turned to the bush and took a step back in an alarming and defensive position. 

After staring(glaring) at the bush for some time noticing no movement he calmed down a little but he still kept his guard up, and slowly inched towards the bush. There was no movement even when he was just above at it, he lightly poked the bush with a stick, for a moment thought that no one was there until it started to move again and a bird pocked out its head and glaring at him. After seeing the bird he blinked, then blinked again,

 *blink* 

*blink*

*blink*

*blink*

 the bird seems to be doing the same, after this constant exchange of blinking contest, Alex fell down on back his tense shoulders relaxing and his before frowning face softening.

The bird slightly startled when Alex fell calmed down seeing him safe, with no hesitation the bird flies over to Alex and sat beside his face staring intensely at him, this caught the attention of Alex as stared back at the bird with amusement, now that he looked at the bird closer the bird looked like a soft cotton ball with little pair of wings, even he himself wanted to touch its fur and see if it really was as soft as it seemed. He reached his hand up to the bird to try and pet it, the bird in response was tense but didn't do anything to stop Alex touch it. Alex found this gesture interesting he thought this bird was really something to pique his interest this easily, not only that when his hand touched the bird's fur, it was even softer than it looked and he didn't want to take his hand back but seeing the sun coming out more he remembered he had a purpose to be here. 

Reluctantly he pulled his hand back which caused the bird to tilt its head in slight confusion, 'this human was enjoying it so much, why did he pull his hand back? not like I want him to pet me or anything'. Alex looked back at the direction of the sun and got up giving one last glance at the bird before walking off, unexpectedly the bird noticing this started to fly and sat on his shoulder and looking away as if it hadn't just done that. Alex surprised by this action and looked at the bird but seeing it looking away caused him to chuckle in amusement, "cotton" said Alex that confused the bird on why the human suddenly just said 'cotton' until Alex said "your name, cotton" cotton was not amused in the least. Cotton looked back to the direction it was looking at doing nothing to refute the name even though he didn't like the name he was given, Alex noticed and chuckled more as he walked towards his direction.

++++++++++++++

Alex seeing the city put the hood of his cloak so he doesn't get recognized, Cotton sat in the little space in the hood still on his shoulder Cotton wasn't seen either as the shadow covered him and that was good for both of them. When he entered the city some people glanced at him wondering why a kid was wearing a cloak and roaming alone but left it thinking, 'maybe he was trying to act like some mysterious... something?' and left him alone. 

After roaming around the city trying to find the guild to stubborn to ask someone. While he was walking around he noticed there were a lot of homeless people that looked like bones and even the people with homeware really skinny, he heard from others conversations that the nobles here were really stingy and would raise taxes enough that the people would only eat little food because there wasn't enough money to buy more, this kingdoms officials were really corrupt. After going around many times he saw a board in the middle beside the fountain, the board had many papers attached to it but what caught his interest was, < Phoenix guild >.

He read the contents of it and got a little gloomy, he was only allowed to join the guild if he was 7 or older, and in this body, he was 4 years old, normally protagonists could disguise themselves but he was really weak pathetically weak as if things couldn't get worse his stomach started grumbling and from cotton movement, he was hungry too. he would have never done this before but it was necessary at this moment, pickpocket, though he wouldn't do that to someone poor after looking at their conditions. Trying to look for the perfect victim he saw something surprising, duke's carriage was there, it seemed that the duchess was out shopping flaunting her jewelry and money as if mocking the poor that were staring at her with disdain and disgust that went unnoticed by her.

 Alex looked at her and found the perfect victim, She had so much money to waste so she wouldn't mind if he took a little of it?

He looked at her with his greedy eyes, even though he was physically weak and wouldn't stand a chance if he faced a soldier right now but who said that you had to only fight face to face? Alex hid his presence, and got near the distracted duchess, he took two gold coins from her pouch and as sneakily as he came went away as sneakers left his lips until he felt someone staring at him. He looked back and saw a boy in the carriage staring at him intensely the boy in question looked about his age, but what interested Alex was that from the way the boy looked at him, he knew what Alex did, Alex thought 'interesting' walking away as the boy in the carriage didn't seem to be doing anything and the guards had noticed that the money was stolen.

The boy in the carriage narrowed his eyes as he watched the retreating figure was of Alex, he thought the other person was dangerous someone no one should go against or hell would come, normally you would be alarmed or threatened but he felt, clam, not at all alarmed or threatened, except he felt safe as if he could trust that person, which greatly confused him. He had never thought of trusting anyone and someone could make him trust them in one glance, rose interest and fear in him, interest because he wanted to meet that person again someone like him(AX), and fear because he had never trusted anyone and to trust someone he didn't even know? he glanced back at the direction where he last saw Alex and muttered, "I hope we meet soon...."       

A/N: I hope you enjoyed~! how was it? ahh~ my muscles are sore~

anyway! comment, like, support, and wanna be in the story?-