A Deadly Mission

" I promise, I will save you Bolt! I swear, if you have done anything to my son, you will not live to see another day." Naruto whispered as he jumped from branch to branch, in pursuit of the man and his son.
Enveloped in his thoughts, the blonde never noticed someone come up behind him, yelling his name. "Naruto! Wait up!" Someone said. On edge, Naruto threw a kunai at the unknown figure, only to figure out who it was.

"Dobe, what was that for?" an irritated Sasuke said.
"What are you doing here teme?" Naruto questioned.
" The fifth sent me to search for you, she said you needed to train for your role as the Seventh Hokage. When you weren't in the village, I had to use my Sharingan to find you. Now the real question is, what you doing all the way out here?" Sasuke responded.
" Someone kidnapped Bolt, so I have to go rescue him! The man seems just like the old Obito, Sasuke. There's something unnerving about that guy..." Naruto said, rubbing his head in confusion. He started to jump faster from tree to tree, looking angrier each passing second.
"Oi, Naruto calm down, you don't even know where the guy is. How do you plan to find him?" Sasuke reasoned, rushing to catch up to Naruto.
" I don't know how, but I can just sense his chakra, it feels so ominous, it's almost sickening. " The blonde responded.
" Hmm. I' ll come with you to back you up, who knows how this will end if I left it up to you? Plus, I want to find out more about this guy.." The raven haired boy said.
" Ok, but don't slow me down, teme." Naruto said.
The two traveled to the two outskirts of the village, and had to stop for the night, much to Naruto's dismay.
" Do we have to stop now?! How will we catch up to them at this rate?!" Naruto complained.
" It's much more dangerous at night, the chances of getting attacked significantly increase, so we would be even farther behind and injured as well. It's smarter and safer to stop for the night, usuratonkachi." Sasuke explained.
Naruto reluctantly agreed to camp for the night.

I better wait until Sasuke is asleep to leave. Otherwise, he'll be suspicious and try to follow me. I'm on my way Bolt! The blonde thought to himself.

Naruto sneaked out of the camp that Sasuke set up, cloaked in the darkness of the night.
He started going towards the ominous chakra that he sensed, slowly making his way to where the masked man may be hiding. Naruto was trying very hard to stay quiet and unnoticed by anyone who may be in the surrounding area.
Naruto finally was was at the village entrance and turned back once more to the village, " I'm sorry Sasuke..but I have to save my son." he said, turning away from the village.
As the blonde jumped from tree to tree, he felt a pain that refused to reside in his neck.
'What is this pain? It's probably just nothing..' he thought to himself.
The pain in his neck started to get worse, it felt as if his neck was on fire. Despite the pain, Naruto continued to go towards the chakra he sensed. Soon, he passed the Final Valley, "I've had my strongest memory there, it was my fight with Sasuke, long ago" he recalled.

"NARUTOOOOO!" A young Sasuke yelled out, the crackling of the Chidori in his right hand echoing in the valley.

"SASUKEEEEE!" A young Naruto yells back, in the cloak of the Kyuubi, with a bright blue Rasengan in his right hand as well.

The blonde continued to go towards his goal, and suddenly felt a piercing pain in his neck. The pain caught him by surprise, and caused him to fall to the ground and wince in pain. His bones began to feel like weights, pulling him down. The pain spread throughout him, as if it were a poison.
"What is happening?" He faintly whispered, unable to move. He watched as the Final Valley faded to black.