Friendly Faces

Warning: This part involves mentions of self harm and abuse. It also hits at eating disorders so please don’t read if you can’t handle that.
_______________

“Hey Kiddos!” Patton’s voice was strong through the small device. I looked over at it, Jan was looking at the screen before he changed his view to me, a cocky smirk growing on his face.
    “Hey guys, I’ve got Storm Cloud with me.” He said changing to the back facing camera pointing it at me as I shielded my face, mistakenly using both hands to hide. “Janus! You ass!”
    “What happened to your hand J.delightful?” Roman’s voice came from the speaker as I sighed, the others were asking similar questions. I bit my lip again, before shaking my head.
    “It’s nothing, I broke a light bulb.” I told them my excuse. I knew full well that Janus was gonna yell at me after the call as we came upon my apartment. I looked up, seeing the door was still open and as my head sweeped back down I noticed my father's car was gone.
    “Virgil and I are at his place. He’ll get back on the call soon. Once he grabs his phone.” Janus told the others as he turned the back on the selfie camera. I watched as he waved at me to go turning around to head back to his place.
    “God, Janus is gonna bug me through text tonight.” I rubbed the back of my neck, well aware of his annoyance last time I lied. I took my journey up the stairs, hopefully my last until tomorrow, standing in front of the door. I walked in closing it behind me before I sighed, feeling a bit of hunger when I passed the Kitchen. “Got to join the call first.”
    I stood in front of my bedroom opening the door as I noticed the glass cleaned up and my mother cleaning the bit of blood. “Mom, Let me get it…” I muttered putting my hand on her shoulder, I saw her flinch. I was better at hiding it or maybe I was better at spotting it.
    “Virgil,” My mother turned around taking both of my hands before she let go of the bandaged one. “Guess the medication Kate made me take kicked in.” “Oh.. How bad is it?” She asked as I helped her up.
    “I had around 4 big shards and 12 smaller ones.” I told her gently poking at the wrap on my hand. “Kate gave me painkillers.” Her eyes were flooded with relief.
    “Alright, I’ll start to make dinner.” She said her hand on her head. “I've had a headache since I woke up. Could have sworn your father hit me harder.” As she muttered the last bit, my blood ran a little cold.
    I nodded as she left, I wanted to help but I knew I had to talk to the other’s and my hand wasn’t in the best condition. I grabbed my phone off my mattress, sitting on it trying to get comfortable as I pulled up the group chat joining with little hesitation.
    “Virgin’s back!” Remus’s voice blew through my speaker quickly as I sighed.
    “Remus, lower your voice!” Roman snapped at his brother.
“Why don’t you!” The twins began to bicker, making Patton and I chuckle, while Janus and Logan sighed.

    “How is your hand Virgil?” Logan asked, I held up the bandaged hand to the camera letting them see.
    “The Painkillers kicked in so it doesn’t hurt.” I told them as I put my hand back down noticing the worried faces on the screen.
    “Emo Nightmare are you sure you fell?” Roman asked as he put his phone on something I guess to be a desk sitting in front of it. I chuckled and nodded gently.
    “Yeah, I held it and tripped over my foot.” I told my excuse as I checked the time. “Damn it’s only 5. Thank god I’m exhausted, I might get some sleep.”
    “Then why did Jan tell us the wound looked self inflicted?” Patton’s voice announced making me flinch. I looked at Patton, My eyes wanting to murder Janus before I closed them as the burning starting up again, I moved my hand turning off my face cam before reopening them the glow was back.
    “Virgil, why did you turn off your camera?” Remus’s voice piped back up as I sighed.
    “Don’t worry about it, my moms just about done with dinner. I need to go.” I told them as I quickly left the video call rubbing my eyes and laying on my back. I was tired and hungry, had a pretty fucked up day, and had an eye problem. “God, what am I gonna do…”
    I moved to face my end table pulling headphones to me, putting them into my cell. I slid it over my head and put my playlist on shuffle sighing as I started to listen to my music with my eyes closed..
    I don’t know how much time passed before a hand on my shoulder startled me, I grabbed the wrist and twisted it finally noticing it was my mother letting go instantly. “I-I didn’t know! I’m sorry Mom!”
    She had a simple smile on her face. “Don’t worry, at least you can protect yourself.” I pulled my headset off as she spoke, sighing gently when I saw she was unharmed. “I finished dinner, I made pasta.”
    “Alright, I’ll be down in a second” I told her as I let my legs dangle over the edge of my bed. She walked over to the door as I turned off my music and plugged my phone in.
    I sighed gently as I got down stairs, my mother had laid a plate out for me. I picked it up and ate it with a smile, I loved my mother’s cooking even though I hated eating.
    “Thank you mom,” I told her with my mouthful, I was acting like a child. She laughed, smiling as well.
    “When you're done Virgil please go to bed. You shouldn’t be awake when your father gets home.” She told me as I nodded. “I’m gonna shower first.”
    I finished up rather quickly, cleaning my plate in the sink than putting it in the dishwasher. I headed up to my room, pulling a t-shirt out of my dresser before walking into the bathroom.
    As I undressed I looked at my hand, “How am I supposed to bathe with this. When It… Cuts, I just bandage after. I’ll just do the same with my hand” I sighed and wrapped my wound freezing up as I reviled skin. How the hell is the injury gone!?

______________

Word Count: 1k
Characters: Virgil, Logan, Patton, Roman, Janus, Remus, Mr. and Mrs. Storm