Chapter 1

It was a calm night, and up in the sky the stars shone brightly down upon Britannia. Suddenly the stars burst into action, moving across the skies crossing over each other in a brilliant display.

All across the continent, twelve individuals looked up at the sky, words of an old prophecy as old as time. "When shooting stars fill the night sky in the form of crosses Britannia will face it's most desperate hour."

A teal haired girl looked up at the sky through the leaves of the forest, a pair of siblings stopped their argument as their eyes were drawn to the movement above them, a man illuminated by the flames of a campfire peeked out of the cave he was laying in to see the spectacle. In a castle an armor-clad knight leaned against the wall of a training ground as he watched while in another kingdom a blonde knight stopped her nightly patrol to watch. Two fairies watched from within the Fairy King's Forest. A masked woman stopped her mountain climbing and singlehandedly hung from a ledge with her eyes turned towards the sky. In a lake a blue haired girl swam up to the surface her eyes wide as she watched the stars fly through the sky. Around him in a far off village a kid listened as those around him talked in awe of the spectacle, his pwn eyes staring blankly in front of him. A man with messy dark hair stopped along the path he was walking looked up at the sky as a cool night breeze rushing past him, and finally at the top of a mountain, a girl with wings as black as the sky above her tilted her head upwards.

Despite all of them being far apart from each other, one single thought ran through their heads. It's time.

***

"So, mind explaining what we're doing walking through this forest, captain?" A tall blue haired man asked, looking around at the various trees that surrounded them.

"There have been rumors of some kind of mysterious wind keeping people away from the innermost part of this forest." A smaller boy, the Captain, responded. "There have been a lot of reports of Holy Knights going in and leaving the forest with tons of injuries."

"So you were thinkin' it was one of us, huh? Who do you think?"

"I'm thinkin' Merlin. She's the only one who'd do something like this."

"Right, and when do you think we'll see this 'mysterious force- woah!" The taller of the two was sent flying back, and the smaller boy just stood and watched as his friend was hurled right into a tree.

"You alright there, Ban?"

"Never better." Ban jumped up from where he was and rolled his shoulder, "Looks like we've found it. How do you suppose we get through it."

The Captain paced a hand to his chin and reached forwards, his hand meeting some kind of resistance from an invisible barrier. "Well, I had kind of hoped the barrier would let us in, so I haven't really thought that far ahead." He pressed his hand against the barrier before a strong wind made him flying back.

"Maybe if we keep trying we'll somehow get through!" Ban suggested.

The captain was quiet for a second before he smiled, "Great idea!"

***

Not too far from where the two newcomers were, a blue haired woman was sitting in the branches just beyond the barrier. watching as the two flung themselves into the barrier and were sent flying back only a few seconds later.

"Idiots." She muttered. "They should know by now they're not going to get through." She rested her head on her knee as she watched the taller man, Ban, fly back into a rock and get back up like he didn't just break a few bones.

She crouched down on the tree branch she was standing on and narrowed her eyes, studying the two as they kept on flinging themselves into the barrier. The two of them looked familiar to her, and she was sure she had seen them before but she couldn't exactly place her finger on when. Though considering the power that radiated off the two she assumed they were Holy Knights from the castle.