One.

Life's never been easy.
From the day I started pre-school, it's always been hard. My parents died in a car-crash when I was two, abandoning my two brothers and I, forcing us to go to an Adoption agency. They escaped, but I was adopted a year later into a huge family of seven, and was bullied by my four other siblings into doing things for them, throwing me into depression which lasted from when I was six until I was fourteen, which was when I finally reached out and got some help.
I was only with my brothers for four and a half short years of my life, and although they promised to come back for me, they never did. And I never forgave them.
At the age of seventeen a College decided to come to my school, looking for 'child prodigies' or children that they deemed smart enough to give a full scholarship to, and one of them was me. I was going to go to College when I was eighteen because apparently I was amazing at Physics, which was a flat out lie. I might be smart, sure, but I've never been the top of my class, I always blended in with the other children, but none of that mattered anymore.
I was going to go to College to study Nuclear Physics.
I packed my bags, saying good bye to my legal guardians and horrible siblings, and said hello to the poor life of College.

I am Penryn Barton, the girl who went from little to nothing, to little to everything.
This is the story of how I screwed up and joined a secret agency.
__________
(I screwed up with the titles between chapters two and four, so this is just labeled as chapter one.)
This is based four or five months after the events of Captain America; The Winter Soldier, but the events (other than the new agents) in season two of Marvels' Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are not in this series (^з^)-
I hope you enjoy this series!