Chapter 14: Heels Over Head

Call walked into the room, and Aaron looked up at him from a book that Call didn't know existed. Apparently, Aaron had searched his room. Which also meant that he'd probably opened whatever depraved sex-dungeon drawer Constantine hid in his room.

"Hey." Call said, waving sheepishly.

"Hey." Aaron said, brushing his just-barely-too-long-bangs out of his eyes.

"Um, full disclosure, I have no clue what horrors Constantine hid in this room." Aaron blushed at this, and Call was fairly certain that he'd found 'the drawer' Constantine was referring to.

"Aaron...."

"Yes, Call?" Aaron said, visibly confused.

"I know."

"You know what?"

"I know that you liked me. I know that's why Tamara started the food fight in the cafeteria, that's why you suggested 'other activities', that's the thing that you didn't want me to know, that's why it was awkward earlier when you fell on me." Aaron's jaw tightened, and he stood up to face Call.

"I'm sorry. I didn't tell you because I knew you were straight and it would make things weird and I-" Aaron's eyes swept over Call, and the sadness contained in them was a hit to Call's gut.

"I'm not." Call said bluntly.

"What do you mean?" Aaron said, sadness turning to curiosity.

"I'm not straight. Well, I haven't really had time to assess that yet what with all the kidnapping and gang shit going on right now. But the point is, Aaron, I like you. Like, a lot." Call said, turning a shade of red which only Aaron could produce.

"So do you mean that-"Aaron said, dumbstruck.

"Yes." Call replied. And before Call could register what was happening in his head, Aaron had crossed the room, and their lips collided, and he was falling.