Chapter 16: Off the Deep End

A/N: OK OK OK I KNOW PEOPLE I KNOW I'M HORRIBLE BUT I'M HUMAN ALRIGHT?! So here. Take it. My first attempt got deleted so you're gonna have to work with this. Also, give me some ideas. I will take them into account eventually lol.

Call woke up with Aaron's arm wrapped around him. For a while, he lay there, savoring the moment. The events of last night played in his mind on repeat as he edged himself out of bed, looking over at Aaron's sleeping face. Then he looked over at the clock, and realized he had 15 minutes to get to training or god knows what would happen.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. A husky voice call assumed was Joseph's called out:

"Constantine says you're done with training. Take the Stewart boy and be at his office in 15 minutes." Shit. If Call was done training, that meant that Constantine would send him on a proper job soon. What did Constantine want with Aaron? Call looked back to the bed, where Aaron was rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Aaron. Constantine wants us to meet him. I don't know why, but he does." Call said, pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"Ok." Aaron said with the utmost solemnity. Call took a shower, washing last night's events from his body, trying to drown the soreness in water. If Call had to deal with Constantine, he needed a clear head. He wasn't sure if he could have that with Aaron. But he needed to try.

The two of them walked down the corridor in total silence, until Aaron intertwined his fingers in Call's.

"Together, right?" Aaron asked, green eyes piercing into Call's skull.

"Together." Call said, trying to sound assertive.

Call's stomach was churning, the edges of his vision were clouded. His mind was racing through every scenario, few of them good. He kept repeating in his head: "I can't do this. I can't do this." Feelings lurched up from the murky confines of his subconscious, plaguing him with monsters. But Aaron's fingers around his kept him standing, the reassurance that no matter how much he might try and convince himself, he wasn't alone. Some part of him hidden away wasn't a monster, the part Aaron looked to every day for reassurance. He might fail, but he would try to be strong for the both of them.

Finally, after what seemed far to short a walk, they showed up at Constantine's door. Call dropped Aaron's hand to knock, cutting out the warmth of his hand. He couldn't give Constantine anything more over him. He couldn't give Constantine more. The door swung open on the first try, and Call shuddered at the cold feel of the dim room. Constantine gestured to the two chairs in front of his oversized desk, kicking his boots up onto it. Aaron reluctantly sat down, arms crossed in front of his chest. Call sat down at the edge of the seat. Aaron intertwined his foot with Call's and Call didn't have the strength to kick it away.

"So, what have you boys been up to?" Constantine said with a malicious gleam in his eye.

"Nothing that would interest you." Aaron said with venom in his voice. Call winced, but Constantine looked more amused than anything.

"On the contrary, Stewart. Everything interests me. Everything in this place is my domain. Everything." Call's heart accelerated tenfold. Constantine pressed play on his laptop, playing an audio file.

"I'm gay." The computer said, relaying Aaron's voice.

"What the fuck are you-" Aaron growled, slamming his hands on the table.

"Shhhhh." Constantine said, laughing menacingly.

"FUCK ME, GOD DAMN IT, AARON!" Call's voice emmitted from the computer.

"What kind of twisted bullshit-" Call managed to spit out before Constantine interrupted.

"Oh, but that's not all, Callum Hunt." Constantine spat.

"But if you think there's even a chance that I can redeem myself, then we can at least try to make a clean break before Constantine changes his mind and decides to kill us both." Call's voice said unmistakably from the computer.

This time, there was silence.

"Care to explain?" Constantine said.

"Look, I just-" Call said.

"You've been bad, Call. You broke the rules. And when people break the rules, they need to be punished. I ask for one thing: loyalty. I treat you as my son, I give you everything you want. I will not stand for this kind of talk amongst my heir, Call. Which is why you need to be taught a lesson."

"Look, I never asked for that. I never asked for ANY OF THIS!" Call said. Jack was lurching up. Call could feel it. He'd pushed back Jack for so long and suddenly jack came flooding back to him and everything was-

black.