Toko x Clumsy!Reader

Over the course of the school year, Toko had progressively grown accustomed to your clumsiness.

The first time he noticed you was on the first day of class during the BeyClub's trials. Unlike most of your other classmates, you launched with graceful ease, demonstrating impressive control over your bey. During your battle against Suoh, Toko had to admit your tactful skills were something to take note of as well.

Which is why it was only natural for him to wonder how someone so talented on the stadium could trip over a flat surface the moment they entered a room.

He considered it a skill in and of itself.

Within the first few weeks of class, Toko developed a sort of sixth sense whenever he was around you.

He noticed the way you put all your focus on the person you were talking to even while walking in crowded area, never realizing you were less than an inch away from crashing the side of your hip onto the corner of a desk. (Toko found himself moving the desk out of your path seconds before you could hit it, despite the fact that he had to make his way from the opposite side the room in superhuman speeds. You never seemed to notice. The rest of the class did.)

He also observed the way your eyes widened a fraction and your arms flailed out as you felt yourself about to trip.

One day, you and Toko arrived at Beigoma around the same time–both uncharacteristically later than the rest of your classmates–and proceeded to walk to homeroom together.

"Morning, Tokonatsu!"

"Good morning! And I told you to just call me Toko."

"You're running late today, too, huh?" you asked, matching his step as the two of you paced down the hallway. "Busy morning?"

Toko thought of the perils he had to face in waking up Valt."You could say that."

You nodded. "At least we'd not be too late."

The conversation carried on as you moved to the topic of breakfast foods–you talked so fervently about the arbitrary topic even Toko found it hard not to share your interest.

By the time the two of you walked into class, you were still in a heated debate about natto (he thought it was something every breakfast should consist of and you decided he must've been deprived of some good tamagoyaki) when Toko felt you beginning to walk wayward into Koji's desk.

He didn't want you to bump into it, but kicking the desk backwards with Koji seated on it didn't seem like an action he'd think you'd approve of.

So instead, he maneuvered you aside– One hand resting on your hip, pulling you towards him and away from the desk, and the other gently on your shoulder, steering your path straight. Toko made sure to not let himself linger, but it was too late. The rest of the class noticed and all conversation stopped to stare at you two.

"Careful," he said, his face still with his usual smile.

You blinked in stunned silence. "T-Thanks! I guess I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking."

"It's okay."

He wanted to say something else, but he didn't have the words.

Instead, you both headed to your respective seats as Toko tried to ignore Nika's-called whispering as he walked down the row.

"Pst, Toko! You and Y/N, huh?"

And while he was able to ignore his sister's antics, Toko wasn't able to ignore the small, yet embarrassed, smile that made its way to your face.