electric love

in which you and rue decide to have a stargazing picnic, but the weather disagrees.

"Are you almost ready?!" Rue calls from the living room, "The sun is going to set soon, I don't think we wanna eat in the dark!"

You were taking forever to get ready, but you wanted to look nice. This was technically considered a date, and even though you and Rue have been together for almost 2 years, they never get old.

Dates with her are always a good time.

You finally head into the kitchen, grabbing the picnic basket, and head to the door.

"Okay, ready."

She fake snores and pretends to snap awake, "Oh! It's about time."

"Shut up!" You laugh, opening the door for her.

A few minutes later, you arrive at the picnic spot, a little spot on the hills of California, looking over at the water; The sunsets were always so pretty.

Tonight's menu consisted of little sandwiches, fruit, and a bottle of wine.

"Look, I put a surprise in there," You say, handing her the basket.

Her face lights up as she sees the bottle.

"You stuck an entire bottle of wine in this picnic basket... I was like, why in the world is it so heavy?!" Rue laughs, placing the array of food into the blanket.

"I mean, if you don't want it, I'll drink it all by myself..." You tease, then you remembered you forgot to put wine glasses in there.

"Oh, hell no, girl. I will be drinking some, definitely. Drunk under the stars... so poetic."

You and Rue place down the picnic blanket and begin to feast. You played some music while devouring everything, drank wine out of styrofoam cups, and cuddled while watching the sun go down.

She pours more into the cups and you make a toast as the sun is just about to go down.

"To our weird, yet amazing and beautiful relationship."

"Cheers to that."

Rue takes a sip, "You know, sometimes when I drink this, I like to close my eyes and think that I'm sitting in my mansion... Drinking a nice glass of wine after killing my husband, stealing all his money, with you by my side."

"Then you and I get married?" You ask.

"Yeah. We hide his body to cover up the murder and then have a big, huge, fancy wedding."

"Mhm, sounds perfect."

You guys kiss and lay down, staring up at the sky. It was dark and cloudy.

"Rue Rue, there are no stars."

"I know."

"That kinda ruins the whole stargazing thing."

"Yeah, it does... doesn't it."

"I mean, it's kinda relaxing. The weather is nice."

Rue looks over at you, although you can barely see her face, you know she has that smile, "You know, I'm actually kinda cold..." She says.

"Oh, really?" You say, rolling in closer; Wrapping your arms securely around her, she places a soft kiss on it.

"Much better."

And you guys are at peace.

All of the sudden, you felt a drop of rain hit your arm.

"Did you feel that?" You ask, examining your arm for more.

"Feel what?"

And then the rain fell faster.

"Oh, shit!" Rue yells.

It was like a "calm before the storm" thing, one second it was quiet and peaceful, and then the next second you and Rue were getting showered on.

"Oh my god! It's raining!"

The two of you begin to giggle, the rain not bothering you guys at all... in fact, you guys begin to kiss. Hair soaked, lips pressed together, rolling around on the soggy picnic blanket. In a way, it was perfect.

"We're kissing in the rain!" Rue yells drunk and loudly.

"This rain can't stop me from loving you!" You also yell, going back to kissing her.

The rain pours heavily from the sky, soaking you guys from head to toe, a bright flash of lightning crossed the sky; lighting it up like it was day, followed by a loud roar of thunder just seconds later.

It definitely wasn't picnic weather, or any weather you would wanna be outside in, but you guys were having too much fun to care.

And that's all that matters. Who cares if you were freezing and soaking wet, you had her to make you feel warm. Maybe it was pouring, but hey, that just gives you a reason to shower with her later.

"Should we maybe go back home now?!" Rue yells over the sound of the rain, "It's freezing!"

"Probably!"

You guys attempt to use the (now soaked) picnic blanket for shelter on the way back to the car, even though it didn't do anything, you guys were drenched anyway.

"Wow! That felt like we were in The Notebook!"

"That was the most exciting experience of my life! But, I feel sticky, now. I think I need to shower later," You suggest, hoping she'll get the hint.

"Me, too. Together?" Rue asks, giving you that smirk.

"Deal."