final

he was silently sitting at the edge of the bed when he finishes cleaning up. maybe byulyi will be sleeping on her room, considering how he messed things up earlier.

sighing softly, he lies down coldly on the bed, wondering what tomorrow will bring since it's their last day. 

he can't think straight, he wasn't sure if he should say sorry- but how can he be sorry for realizing his own feelings, when they've already done this push and pull? he was afraid for now going back in seoul and no longer seeing her.

if he could turn back the time, she was right.

he shouldn't have invited her in this place when he can already feel that the reason for his failures in relationship was always the gap.

the gap that byulyi always fill when they are together.

but then, he was surprised when he heard a faint knock on the door, jolting him up from the bed as he walks fearfully in the door, opening it to see her. 

she stood silent for a moment.

he did too.

she sighs softly, closing her eyes before muttering. "i... i'm sorry."

his eyes had soften as soon as she speaks, eyeing her as she started. "the outburst.. i... it was long overdue, we both know that." she trails-off. "but i was so afraid of having it one-sided since you're dating someone back then, making me think that..." 

she sighs another more.

biting his lower lip, jin whispers."i broke up with her, i was the one who did so."

her eyes went wide, looking up at him. "i don't want to admit it, but.... no secrets remain forever i guess."

byulyi's breath was taken away by the confession, looking for his honesty. "relationships fail... i always get stuck in the same old problem, never been so happy... all those times i was always wondering how it would've been if it's you." seokjin admitted, closing his eyes.

"i thought we'd last longer if we're just friends, byul-ah..." he whispers, opening them once more.

"but i... since we're here... since i've accidentally, unpreparedly confessed.." he chuckled bitterly, gulping. "i really do like you." 

her eyes went wide, as she whispers. "you don't mean that."

"i actually do."

byulyi chuckles softly, somehow a forced laugh. she shook her head, muttering. "i... don't want it."

his eyes went wide.

"i... don't want anything to change between us." byulyi whispers, hint of fear in her voice. "there's a reason why i've endured for so long, everything we've invested in-" she cuts herself off before starting.

"the bickering, the comfort, i don't want to no longer recognize you anymore if we gave it a shot, i- i-"

"byulyi, i didn't want that to disappear too.." seokjin reassures her, grabbing her shoulder as she whispers. "everything changes, jin."

"i just.. i'm scared." byulyi confessed.

"i... i'm scared too." he whispers, "but i guess i'll be more scared to lose this chance forever, and lose you eventually." he squeezes his eyes shut, gripping on her shoulder before pulling away. "i'm so sorry byulyi." 

she looks at him for a moment, seeing his tears once more that he forbids for her to see. she couldn't explain it. her fear subsided for a moment, turns into courage- suddenly turns into comfort and reassurance that maybe she should give it a shot too.