Chapter 18: Hosu attack and encounter the Hero Killer

It's Day 2 Kenichi wearing his hero costume walking on the street with Edgeshot. Every civilian that passes turns to look at them, especially Kenichi.

Civilian 1: Hey! That's Edgeshot and who with him?

Civilian 2: I think that's the kid that win second place in the sports fest

Civilian 1: Really! And he interning with the No.5 hero that's amazing!

Girl 1: He look so handsome! and cute too!

Girl 2: Call us!!

Kenichi just give them a small wave and roll his eyes

Kenichi: (These girls don't know I already have a girlfriend)

Edgeshot: You seem kinda calm about this Iduki

Kenichi: Well I don't care much about being recognize, getting attention and such

Edgeshot: Oh? Normally a student or young hero should be more nervous or be interested in this, I never once meet a student like you never pay any attention to his popularity.

Kenichi: Let just say I been through some stuff that made me learn that becoming a hero isn't about gaining popularity

Edgeshot: I see,... I've been meaning to ask what drove you to become a hero?

Kenichi: What drove me? (hand on chin) Hmmmmm...  Well maybe because of Yuuto I guess

Edgeshot: Hm? Yuuto? You mean the kid that won first place, the vigilante?

Kenichi: Yeah, he's the one that drove me to become a hero. At first I wanted to become one so that I could fight with him, but after a while he keeps getting stronger and I'm getting weaker, that's when I learn that the reason that he became strong is that he had a dream and I don't. I keep trying to find mine but I can't until an incident when I promised a girl that I would protect her.... but at the end I failed and made her lose faith calling me a liar.

Edgeshot: It must have been hard for you

Kenchi: But that's what makes me realize my dream... is to be able to protect others that are in pain that's what makes me strong. I keep training and hurting myself to master a technique then try again to show that girl that I can protect her. So that's my dream to show those people that there are people that can protect you. And to be the person that can take on everything and face it head on without hesitation.

Edgeshot: Hm you have a good dream. Other young heroes that I meet try to become the hero that they admire like All Might for example. But never have I met a person that has only a motive for others.

Kenichi: There are people out there in the world you just never know about them.

Edgeshot: I think we're done for today let's go back

Kenichi: Hai

So they go back to the agencies at TV station Uwabami is doing some poses for the camera man to take pick pictures the three girls were just stand on the side line

Naomi: (She doing the same thing I used to do)

Yaoyorozu: (look at a book) After this photoshoot, she'll be a guest on a radio show and a magazine interview, right?

Kendo: We're basically just her entourage...

Naomi: Yeah it seems that way

Yaoyorozu: (close book) I think this is necessary part of being a hero, as well. I'm sure there is something to learn here.

Both girls look at the heroine who is still doing poses and sweatdrop at it

Yaoyorozu: I'm sure... Probably...