Chapter 12

Rj's POV

I started rapping 2 years ago. I used to just freestyle for fun at school with some of my boys and my big brother. I made a freestyle video once and got dummy views on youtube. I never took this shit serious though.

My brother always thought it was a good way to make clean money and I actually took it into consideration. But once him and my pops died, I gave up on it all.

My big brother was the only one who really pushed me to do that shit. And now that the reason for it was gone, I felt like there was no point it doing it at all.

My pops found out that I was rapping and shit so one day, he bought me a soundboard to make beats off of. I used to just mess around with it but I did come up with a few nice beats. I recorded them with some of the shit I wrote when I was in juvie.

Since I was cleaning out my room, I found some of this shit and started messing around with it again. I really should start rapping again.

I think it's the cleanest and fastest way to making money and getting my family out the hood as quick as possible. And man if I make it, just watch. I'm going all out for my people.

I swear for the people who been down since the beginning, they ain't gotta worry about shit once I get money. My mama and lil sis are of course going to be the first people getting took care of, along with my grandparents from my dads side since my mama's parents kicked her out at 15 when she got pregnant with my brother.

My grandparents are getting a new house and an alarm system. They always getting robbed and that shit really pisses me off because they don't deserve that shit.

Even though I'm a hustler, I absolutely hate stealing. I think everyone needs to work for theirs instead of taking what other people got.
Anyway, like my pops used to say, "Eat with the ones you starved with."

That's what the hell Ima do once I get some dough. But closed mouths don't get fed so if you one of my niggas and ain't help when I was coming up but want some now that I'm up, fuck you. You ain't getting shit.

My circle dummy small anyway, it's only a few real niggas left out here and those are the fools I kick it with. They had my back since day 1 and ain't no way ima watch em struggle while I'm making money. It's always gon be family first and anyone that fucks with me on the real, is considered family.

_______________________________