1 Vounteer Fire Department

My name is Laura Van Helsing, I am thirteen years old. Last night I spent the night at my best friend, Isadora Quagmire's house, also happens to be, my boyfriend, Quigley Quagmire's house. "Laura wake up," I recognized it o be Quigley's voice, wait, I don't think I'm in Isadora and I's gossip fortress we built last night, "Laura, there is a person here who is asking to speak with you," I opened my eyes, I was in Quigley's arms, he was carrying me, bridal style.

"Good Morning," I yawned, "what's going on?"

"Mr. Poe from the bank is here, and...I'm really sorry,"

"What happened?"

"A fire broke out, at your house and your parents perished," Quigley told me, sympathetically. I took a deep breath, "I-I'm sorry, what?"

"The boy said your parents have perished in a terrible fire that destroyed your home, but your parents did leave behind a huge fortune which-"Mr. Poe said coming in the room. He started but I had to interrupt, "Mr. Poe, I don't care about some huge fortune, what's going to happen now? What about-" I was interrupted by Quigley, who pulled me into a tight embrace, "Laura, we'll figure it all out, together," His words comforted me, made my world a little bit brighter. "What would I do without you?"

"The same thing I would do without you,"

"We'd be happy to take Laura in," Karen Quagmire, Quigley's mom told Mr. Poe.

"As that is wonderful, she must go to her closet living relative which happens to be Lucy's great aunt, Ericka Van Helsing,"

"Laura," Quigley corrected.

"Anyways, we will have to get you a flight after we contact your aunt," Mr. Poe told me, unsympathetically, "Good day,"

After he left, Karen and Quitin rushed over towards me, "I'm so sorry Laura, but don't worry, we're going to do everything we can to keep you here," Karen told me.

"Thank you,"
"Of course,"

"Why don't you get changed and we'll eat some breakfast, okay?" Quitin asked her.

"Quitin she just learned her house was burned down and you ask her if she's hungry? Men these days," Karen commented which caused the triplets and I to laugh a little. "I would actually like some food," I responded and went towards Isadora's room, where my clothes were. Quigley followed me down the hallway, "Are you sure you're all right, Laura?" I took a deep breath, Quigley knew when I was lying, or when I was down.

"I hardly know," I responded, just before I started crying. Quigley wrapped his arms around me, "Everything will figure itself out, L," 

"Thank you, Quig,"

"What for?"

"Being here for me,"

"That's my job, isn't it?

-----

Unfortunately, the Quagmires weren't able to keep me with them, less than a week later, I had to leave, before I left, Karen took me on a shopping spree, getting clothes, a copy of each of my favorite books, and luggage of course. I would miss them, very badly. Currently I am sitting in the second row of the car,  Isadora and Duncan were in the back, murdering each other. I had my boarding passes and passport in one hand, and Quigley's hand in the other. "I'm sure living with you Great Aunt and her husband will be fun, I heard her husband has a grandson about your age and a granddaughter about five or six years younger," Quitin told me.

"I still don't even know where I'm going,"

"You're flying into Budapest, then into Bucharest, then you are taking a train to Brasov, and I believe you're being picked up by them to go into the Romanian town of Transylvania,"

"We're sending her to live with a vampire? No way," Quigley said, protectively putting his arm around me, maybe for the last time. "Now, there is actually a town called Transylvania, which you should know, Quigleforth," Karen told the boy, "and Laura, we upgraded you to first class, secretly so," 

"And we also booked a trip there in a month, so we will be there soon,"  Quitin added, they pulled into the airport parking lot, everyone exited the car. 

----

"Laura, your flight is starting to board, remember, the phone numbers to the bank, our house, and in the extreme a Very Fair Dictator. We'll see you soon," Karen informed me,  giving me a maternal hug. "So long, kiddo," Quitin said also giving me a hug. Then I got to the triplets.
"You better not make the vampires your best friend instead of me," Isadora told me.

"I won't, how many best friends can I gross out when telling them about my relationship with their brother," I laughed, Isadora joining along.

"Please don't get yourself killed, I can't deal with a depressed Quigley," Duncan told me. 

"No promises, Quagmire,"

"She's going to die just to be spiteful, isn't she?" Duncan questioned himself.

"You bet," I responded, moving over to Quigley, as soon as we were lose enough to each other, Quigley passionately kissed me, I was in shocked but kissed back, we had kissed, just not in public around his family. "But seriously, I can't live without you," He whispered in my ear, after we pulled away. "As long as you don't die on me, I'm not going anywhere. I'll see you next month," Quigley slowly nodded, a small tear threatened to slid down my cheek, I felt as if we'd never see each other again. I went up to the gate, and stopped, I turned back to Quigley and pecked his cheek.

-----

I sat back in the comfortable chair, and glanced at the present Duncan gave me in the car, to open on the plane, I tore open the brown wrapping, definitely a book. My finger traced the cursive title, a rueful chuckle came, "Dracula, well played, journalist,"