Chapter 8

She was still looking at me for the answer and I said, "Yes, I'm ready to leave Canada."

She laughs at my reply and then she says, "It doesn't feel you are saying it happily."

"Rashi, I know your concern, but I was born and raised in Pune. It's the place I've always loved and I can't leave that place permanently just because I have a job here in Montreal."

She takes a sigh and then she says, "Fine. But I have a gut feeling that you should stay here in Canada. Can you ask your fiancé to come here as well? I'm already going to leave this apartment as soon as I get married and then you both can live here!"

She then grabs a hold of my hand and then she says, "We both have been friends for three years and so far, no one has been more close to me than you are. Please consider this. It's a request."

I look at her hand, and then I look at her. She then adds, "Consider it as a wedding gift from you. I will not ask you for anything for the gift. Just stay here in Canada. Please!"

I shake my head and then I say, "I'll think about it."

She then shakes her head furiously and then says, "NO... I want your confirmation right now!"

I gulped down at her request. It's not like I want to leave this place either, but I'm sure that Samar will never leave India and his parents just because I request him to.

I glared at her and then I said, "I will not give any kind of confirmation right now, okay? And if you want me to give you the confirmation now. I want you to take a bath before that. You know you smell like a rotten sock, right?"

She took a sniff of herself and then she said, "I can't smell anything. I don't smell like a rotten sock, okay. I just don't want to have a shower again!"

"Again?"

"Yeah, I had a shower at midnight. I had a nightmare. That's why I took a shower." She explains.

I shake my head and then I say, "Bro, it's almost 12 in the noon. I think you should take a shower now and if you have a shower now, I'll make your favorite hot chocolate."

She gave me a joyous look and then she said, "Will you also add that small marshmallow well?"

I nodded my head and then she jumped off the bed with swift movement while saying, "I'll be having hot chocolate today!!!"

She took her stuff to her bathroom and then I went outside her room to make Hot Chocolate for her. As I have been living with her for three years, I know that she sometimes acts like a small child during this time of the month and, as her best friend, always made sure that I fulfill all of her cravings during this time. Sometimes, Sahil also used to fulfill her cravings and her weird demands during these times, but most of the time because of his profession; he was not here with her.

As I was trying to find the ingredients for the hot chocolate, I got a face-time call from Samar. I put the phone on the cabinet and I answered his call. "Hey!"

"Hey!" he says awkwardly.

"Did I disturb you?" he asked me while I opened the box of chocolate powder.

I shake my head and I say, "No. You didn't disturb me. I was making hot chocolate for my friend."

"Oh, so should I call you later?" he asks.

I shake my head again and I say, "It's really okay. You can talk to me."

He smiles from the other side of the phone and I could see those dimples on his face, which can make any single girl faint. "You look handsome while smiling." I compliment him.