Doe. A deer, a female deer

Daisy watched in misery as her mom drove her to the gates of Barden University

     Daisy watched in misery as her mom drove her to the gates of Barden University. It's her first year of college and her mom wanted her to attend her alma mater as well as join the so called Barden Bellas. Daisy was a great singer- it's just that she never sang in front of a large stage, at most she sang during her shifts at their family diner and she's already familiar with most of the people going in and out of the diner.

   "You're gonna be fine pumpkin, you'll do well and you're gonna have such a good time in the bellas- I know I did back in the day," Violetta Ollivers comforted her only daughter, trying to be optimistic as she help Daisy with her luggages. Violetta took a deep breath and smiled when she looked around the University with a sense of familiarity.

"Do I have to join the stupid circus group?" Daisy grimaced, Violetta glared at the blonde.

"I mean, I'm going to be busy with all the class and homework plus working in the diner," Her mom sighed,

"You know you don't have to help me out in the diner right?" The Ollivers owned a Diner as a side business which became a major hit because of their Friday gigs where customers could perform their original songs or covers while others watch and dine. Daisy works as a part time waitress in her free time.

"I know but you know how I love working there AND I also need extra money," She grins.

"For?"

"Stuff," Daisy simply answered. Violetta sighed in defeat and kiss her temples.

"Alright, enjoy College. If I see you flunking any classes-"

"I won't, I promise," Violetta gives her a last hug and went inside the car.

"Have fun," She smiles at her daughter, becoming a bit emotional seeing as her little girl is now all grown up. "But not too much fun... Don't do anything I would do."

"Yeah, like what?" Daisy laughed.

"Get knocked up," Violetta winks at Daisy who's face wrinkled in disgust.

Daisy stretched her upper body as she slowly looked around the area. Everyone was like her, surrounded with their luggages, saying goodbyes to their family and saying hi to their friends. A loud giggle caught her attention when a tan little girl was being swung around by who she presumed was the older brother. He was quite tall and lean, wearing a maroon shirt that said 'treble makers 'with a red checkered flannel along with a thick framed eye glass. She watched as his parents give him a hug and the little girl clings to his leg, refusing to let go.

She smiled softly and she looks away. Shortly after, a preppy- looking girl walked towards her with a clearly fake smile, "Hello there, freshie. Welcome to Barden University, what dorm?"

"Uhm..." She digs out a piece of paper from her back pocket, "Winchester Hall..?"

The girl nods and gives her the campus map, she starts to tell her way when Daisy feels a gaze towards her. She looks at her side to see the same tall boy looking at her, she gives him a polite smile and raised her hand to wave when-

"AYO DONALD! MY MAN!" A guy called out from behind her and ran towards the tall boy- Donald. Daisy scratched her head in embarrassment when she thought he was looking at her. She turns back to the preppy guide who was looking at her in annoyance.

"Okay, so this is your rape whistle, it doesn't work half of the time but we're required to give this to every student," She handed a silver whistle with a red string. Daisy smiled sarcastically at the guide and walked away to explore the campus a bit.

After an hour or two, she arrives at her dorm room door. She knocks just in case her dorm mate already arrived but when no one answered after a couple of minutes, she let herself in.

She observes the room and saw that it's already decorated with LED lights and a flickering neon sign, making it feel like a rave room. In the corner stood a tall girl putting up vintage posters.

"Hey," Daisy greeted, the girl turns and smiled at her.

"You must be Daisy Ollivers, I'm Janine Cruz, " She introduced herself and pointed at the bed beside the large window, "You can have that bed, I'm not really a fan of big windows when I sleep,"

"Thanks, I love the vibe of this place," Daisy complimented, Janine lightens up and looks around the room proudly.

"Really? I'm planning to place a galaxy projector for the ceiling 'cause I'm taking Astrology this year and I thought it would be a cool idea. Also, I have these constellation stickers I wanna give you- If you're fine with that or not..." Janine realized she was rambling and looked at Daisy timidly, "I can take some down if it's too much-"

"No! No, It's really awesome. I love what you did to room, I'm a Libra, if you wanna know," Daisy assured her. Janine squeals excitedly and went to her bed where a pile of posters were laying.

"Here," She handed her a rolled sticker- poster, "You can stick it by your wall or something. Did you know that Libra was once considered as part of Scorpius until Roman astronomers redrew the skyline,"

"Oh wow, I didn't know that. That's really cool. You're really cool," Daisy laughed as her room mate's enthusiasm about the stars and sky were contagious.

A knock interrupted their little bonding moment, they opened the door and in came the movers with Janine and Daisy's things. They both said thanks when the movers left and arranged their things according to their taste.

"So..." Janine drags out the word, "You wanna go to the Activity Fair?"

"Lezzgo"

--

Erich Gonzalez as Janine Cruz