You comin to the party?

It was about 10 am when Rue first came into the store. She was pacing around telling me some highschool bullshit as per usual.  I don't mind it much but my head was somewhere else. Rue looked me in the eyes suddenly,

"Yo Fez what's up with you..you're more in outer space than usual,"  Rue teased. 

"Nah I'm good," I replied. I heard the sound of skateboard trucks plopping on the ground, and wheels rolling. I walked forward and looked out the window, here she comes. 

"Who is..that!?"  Rue asked. 

"The new girl that Fez has a big fat crush on!" Ashtray yelled as he came out from the dairy section. 

"Ashtray what did I say.." I began.

"Fez it's okay, I can help you with this..it'd be a good distraction for me," Rue said.

"I don't know Rue.." I began. The girl was almost in here.

"Look first uh..Invite her to Maddy's party it's Friday night!" Rue exclaimed.

"Why is Maddy having a part-," He began.

"It's her declaring she's single and declaring independence from Nate it's actually quite the power move, but that's not really the point. Invite her," Rue said before slipping into the back to watch with Ashtray. 

"Y'all gon kill me!" I hollered. The front door opened. She walked in wearing a cropped black lace top, and light grey joggers. She was sporting her spotless sneakers once again. Her hair was freer today, she had done less styling. Some might call it messy, but I thought it was beautiful. 

"Hey," she said as she walked in.

"Hey," I replied looking down and pretending to fix up the cash register. She went to the back and pulled out a chocolate milk, predictable. She also grabbed a bag of goldfish.

"No Takis?" I asked. 

"The goldfish are for my little sister,"  She explained. I nodded. There was silence for a minute. Come on say somethin, I told myself. 

"What do you think of the town?" I asked.

"Well, to be honest, it's really boring. But it's warmer and calmer, so I guess that's good," She replied. 

"Ah well you'll meet people," I said. Rue was standing behind the cooler glass doors mouthing, Invite her. Suddenly Diana turned around to see what I was looking at. Ashtray pulled Rue back just in time.

"Speakin of..there's a party Friday night, if you wanna come," I said looking down as I took her cash. 

"Sounds fun..will I see you there?" She asked. I looked up at her, surprised by the question. 

"Yeah..I'll be there," I replied. Damn it

"Cool..I'm Diana by the way but everyone calls me Die," She said.

"I'm Fez," I muttered. She smiled at me, and I could feel my cheeks warming. She turned to leave with her stuff in her hand. 

"Hey wait, can I get your number..just so I can tell you the party details?" I asked. That was so stupid

She laughed a little, "Yeah sure," she said. She grabbed our pen off the counter and wrote it on the back of her receipt, and handed it to me. She smiled at me again before walking out of the store.

"Jeez Fez I've never seen your cheeks so red!" Rue hollered as he came out of the back.

"Shut up Rue," I grumbled. 

"So you invited her?" Rue asked.

"Yea..and I got her number," I said with a smile. Rue came and and patted my shoulder,

"That's my boy," She teased before heading out.

"So are you and Jules coming to the party?" I asked.

"We shall see!" She yelled.