A Little Thank You

"You've never kissed anyone?" Rue asked.

"Well, I have but just not in a while," I replied. 

"How longs a while?" She asked. 

"Haven't since like highschool.." I began.

"Damn Fez!" She yelled.

"Rue keep it down," I replied.

"Also I got another thing to the list of why I need to put Nate Jacobs six feet under," I said.

"She told me I felt so guilty we were all just a bit trashed and didn't wanna drive or leave. She had to go home cause of her dad though," Rue explained.

"It's alright, I sent her home in an uber," I replied.

"Good, but we need to get that motherf**ker," Rue said.

"Agreed," I said. Rue got up and walked into the snack aisle and grabbed an arm full of chips. She waved goodbye and starting go towards the door,

"What are you doing Rue, you gotta pay for those!" I yelled.

"Put em on my tab," She replied.   

"Can we figure out a plan here?" I asked. She turned back to look at me. 

"You really wanna ki.." She began. The door opened and there she was, white t-shirt and blue jeans. Her hair up in a wavy messy bun.

"Hey Die," Rue said.

"Sup Rue," Diana said, walking briskly past her. She came charging up to the counter, I was confused and kinda scared. She looked at me for a second, then suddenly pulled my shirt collar down and kissed me. I was so thrown off I forgot what to do, it wasn't long but I savored the moment. Once she leaned back, we both turned and realized Rue was looking at us. Rue's eyes bulged,

"Uh see you later Fez, thanks for the snacks!" She yelled before rushing out the door. Diana turned back to look at me again with a big smile. 

"Did I just scar her?" Diana asked jokingly.

"Maybe a little," I teased. 

"By the way..thanks for being there for me," She said.

"No need to thank me," I replied. 

Diana came back behind the counter and hugged me, and I just held her. She was shorter than me but she didn't feel small. She just felt like a new part of me standing there. And I knew even then, I'd do anything to protect her.