23

Lyra (2)

"They're over here!"

We made it to where the others should've been, but Unalaq nor the others could be seen. Until my father found the three unconscious on the ground.

"Mako." I breathed out, running over to them. I got down to my knees beside Mako. I grabbed his head and put it on my thighs.

"Please." My eyes wandered his body as I brushed his hair back. "You have to be okay, please."

Aunt Kya kneeled down next to me then placed her hand on his chest. "They're going to be all right, but I need to get them into some spirit water right away."

We quickly picked them up and carefully dropped them into the spirit water and waited.

Aunt Kya moved the glowing water gracefully. Seconds later, all three of them gasp loudly and  sat up.

I slightly chuckled while tears escaped my eyes. I ran down to the water and slightly tripped while doing so.

I practically landed on Mako, my arms around his neck. I heard him groan in pain but his arms were quickly around me after.

"I'm so sorry." I muffled in the crook of his neck. He laid his head on mine, still trying to catch his breath. 

"Thank goodness you're all okay." My father said.

I stood up and helped Mako and Bolin stand up, my father did the same with Korra.

"Did you find Jinora?" She asked.

My father took her by the hand to help her out. "I was able to rescue her soul, but she wasn't ready to return to her body yet. She sensed the world was in grave danger."

"She was right." Korra slowly walked away. She sat on a large pile of rocks and looked at the ground sadly.

"Were you able to stop Unalaq and Vaatu?" My father asked her.

"No. They fused, then Vaatu ripped Raava right out of me and destroyed her." She glanced up at us. "Vaatu won."

Mako rubbed my back before bringing me closer into him. I sighed, crossing my arms.

"No! I'm too young to live through 10,000 years of darkness." Bolin exclaimed. "Korra, can't you talk to one of your past lives or something?"

"When Vaatu destroyed Raava, he destroyed my connection to the past Avatars too."

My father's eyes slightly widened. "If that's true, then-"

"-The cycle is over. I'm the last Avatar." Korra began to lightly sob. "I'm so sorry, Tenzin."

I opened my mouth to say something, but I couldn't find the words. Nothing I say will help her.

"She needs you now, more than ever." Aunt Kya told my father.

He slowly nodded then walked over to her. "The other Avatars may not be able to help you anymore, but perhaps I can."

Korra shook her head. "No one can help me now."

He kneels down to her level. "I know I haven't been the best mentor to you, but I realized it was because I had a lot of spiritual growth to do myself. There may still be a way for you to stop Vaatu."