prologue ; october 31, 1981

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝐀𝐋𝐁𝐔𝐒 𝐃𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐄, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃, whisked himself into a vacuum of familiar darkness, rushing through air, apparating into a warm neighborhood. Godric's Hollow. He was here to see the Only One He Ever Loved.

Looking down the houses, his eyes fell on a quaint, little home. Chimney smoke puffed out of the house, swirling into the crisp air. Dumbledore swept his star speckled robe around himself and he strode to the front door of the house. He lifted up an old, wrinkled hand and knocked.

The oak door swung open. In front of Dumbledore stood one of the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. She seemed like an entirely new woman to who she was a few years ago. Her beauty surpassed that of a veela and her smile brightened that of the darkest rooms. Her black hair cascaded down her shoulders and her deep, grey eyes penetrated even the coldest of souls.

"Oh my, Dumbledore! What are you doing here, sir?" she gasped. She was shocked, the greatest wizard stood in front of her humble home. She stuttered for a bit while Dumbledore gave her a gentle smile.

Finally collecting her thoughts, she said, "Sir, is there a reason for your arrival? Jasper and I had no clue you would be here!"

"Hello, Mrs. Norcross. How is this lovely day treating you?"

"Splendidly, sir! Jasper and I surprisingly had a full night's sleep, Sage finally decided it was time to give Mummy and Daddy a rest, she's quite relentless when she cries."

Dumbledore chuckled. "I'm glad to hear that, Mrs. Norcross. May I come in?"

Lena widened her eyes. Sage had a field day today, her toys strewn all over the living room and Sage had food-spattered wall art just moments ago. And now, Dumbledore had arrived to the party? It was most definitely not her day.

"Feel free to call me Lena," she said quickly, and she bit her lip, thinking about how she would clean this horrible mess.

"You seem troubled, Lena. Perhaps I should visit another day?"

Lena jolted from her thoughts. "No, no, sir! I wouldn't want to inconvenience you. I just need to do a bit of cleaning, it won't take too long. Would you like Jasper to make some tea?"

"Tea would be wonderful," Dumbledore answered cheerfully. "I wouldn't mind waiting for a bit."

Lena let out a sigh of relief. She turned around and rushed hurriedly to the living room. She scooped up Sage and waved her wand around, everything strewn on the floor flying into place. She waved her wand towards the kitchen, muttering spells to quickly make a few cups worth of tea.