three ; sheepish dog

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐘 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘. Relieving the events of the previous night, she snickered as she swung her legs off the warm bed. She clambered over to her brimming trunk, pulling out a simple blouse and a cream, pencil skirt. She was rather excited for today's lessons, seeing as it was their first day back at Hogwarts. And she had nice friends to accompany her. And they seemed to have warmed up to her quite quickly! She hastily put on her clothing and looked over to find Hermione, hoping that she'd still be around to walk with her down to the Great Hall for breakfast. Unfortunately, It seemed that Hermione had long gone. Her bed had been abandoned and her trunk had been opened, no doubt missing clothing that Hermione had put on for their first lesson. Sage rolled her eyes, knowing that no one but Hermione would wake up at the crack of dawn for lessons that would occur hours later.

Sage entered the Great Hall in good spirits. Her arms swung at her sides as she meandered over to her usual seat at the Gryffindor table. Her spirits, however, were dampened when she noticed Draco Malfoy making a swooning impression of someone fainting. She had a sneaking suspicion it was Harry he was impersonating, probably from his unfortunate dilemma on the train. Her eyes zeroed on Harry at the Gryffindor table, where he was clenching his fists. Hermione was desperately trying to calm him down. Even though Sage would rather not see Harry get a detention on the first day, she wouldn't mind seeing him pummel Malfoy for being the foul git he is. She would too, but she'd never been proficient at fist-fighting.

She sat at the table and examined her schedule, buttering a piece of toast absent-mindedly. Ron was looking over Hermione's shoulder, peering at her schedule, furrowing his eyebrows in blatant confusion.

"Hey, Hermione, I think McGonagall messed up your timetable. Looks like they got you down for 10 subjects a day."

Hermione shooed him away, an unconcerned look on her features. "I'll manage. I've fixed it with Professor McGonagall."

Ron laughed incredulously. Surely Hermione noticed the obvious slipup on her timetable? "No, Hermione, look! See this morning? Nine o'clock. Divination. And underneath, Muggle Studies, nine o'clock."

Sage's eyebrows shot up and she leaned over, squinting at Hermione's timetable as well.

"Ron's got a point," she added, disbelief etched on her face. "Look! Arithmancy, nine o'clock. I mean, I haven't known you that long and I know you're good at what you do... but no one's that good. How're you supposed to be in three classes at once?"

"Don't be silly," Hermione said shortly. "Of course I won't be in three classes at once."

Ron spoke up again. "Well-"