Forever and Always II - CHAPTER 1

🎶 "Take a piece of my heart and make it all your own so when we are apart you'll never be alone... Never be alone" 🎶

Erika couldn't help but smile as she listened to Alex's recorded voice singing Shawn Mendes' song while walking on the same pavement she walked five years ago. She could still remember the first time he visited him, she was shivering as she waited for Alex and anxious to what his reaction would be once he sees her. Today, she felt nothing but excitement because she knew Alex would be running towards her with that happy face. She's literally bouncing her feet on the wet pavement as she walked towards Alex's apartment building. It's been six months since she last held him, that was when he proposed. And she had been yearning for this day she could run to him and feel his arms around her once more. She will make sure to make this year's anniversary more memorable than the previous anniversaries they had.

Lately, they had very few times together. Alex is struggling with balancing work and his studies. He is on his final year and has started on his internship. There were times they would have a video call and a few minutes later, he falls asleep, looking exhausted. And she ends up staring at him, wanting so much to cradle him in her arms or to touch his face. She wants to hug him tight hoping it would take his weariness.

She missed him terribly. She will not probably get used to the sad feeling. Only Alex can take away her loneliness because he is the one her heart is longing for.

Before she left home, she posted on her timeline a picture of the snowman they built five years ago with a caption, "Wishing to build another snowman with you." where Alex posted a comment, "Me too, sweetheart. You have no idea how much I've missed you." She could feel his longing in those words and she will make every moment with him count to fill in those lonely days they were apart.

Nadismaya siya konti paglabas niya ng airport kanina nang makitang walang snow sa paligid. Not even a wet snow, though it is extremely cold and the pavements were wet because of the melted ice. Mukhang hindi sila makakagawa ng snowman. Napatingala siya, medyo madilim ang langit kaya baka mag-snow mamaya. She wished.
Kinapa niya ang susi sa bag. Alex gave her a spare key to his apartment just if any case she visits during winter again. Who would have thought she could get to use it today? Napangiti siya. Alex is in for a huge surprise today.

Nagpapasalamat siya at pinayagan siya ng mga magulang na bumiyahe mag-isa. Well, they debated like they always do. The same way they debated that she was too young to get engaged. But she convinced them that she is old enough to be on her own the same way she convinced them that she is old enough to know that she and Alex are meant to be together.
She was about to walk towards the apartment door when it suddenly opened. She heared a laughter so familiar that she didn't need to look to see who it was because she knows it like the back of her hand. Her heart started to beat wildly. Mabilis siyang napaatras at dagling nagtago sa punong naroon. It was not much of help though because the tree was bare. But she still hoped Alex wouldn't see her.
Then Alex came out laughing. Happiness filled her heart. How she missed the sound of his laughter. How she missed seeing his face. She had nothing in mind right that very moment but to wrap her arms around him, hug him really really tight and and shower him with kisses. She waited for him to pass by. She was about to come out from where she was hiding to hug him from behind and whisper, "Surprise!" when she realized someone came out the door after him. It was a girl.

She was laughing too.

Naitulos siya sa kinatatayuan. It would be awkward to say 'Surprise' when she was the one surprised. Kumunot ang noo niya. Who is this girl? There was a tinge of jealousy in her heart when Alex's hands was on the girl's waist. Nag-init bigla ang ulo niya lalo pa't maganda ang babae. She could see that she's an American. Halata sa balat, sa tangos ng ilong at natural na blonde na buhok. At halatang masaya ang dalawa. Masayang-masaya. She could feel her bitterness taking away all her excitement.
Keep calm, Erika, aniya sa sarili. Baka kapitbahay lang ni Alex ang babae, di ba? Hindi naman si Alex ang nakatira sa apartment building na iyon. And they can share a joke and laugh about it. And Alex is a gentleman, he always escorts someone like gentlemen do. She shouldn't be paranoid about something so normal.