CHAPTER 3

A penthouse worth 20, 00, 00,000 in some fancy housing colony

Bank balance of 50, 00, 00,000

A BMW

A mansion in Shimla

A part of me wanted to burst out laughing at how ridiculous all of this was. Until a few minutes back I was so broke that I could barely afford the rent of my crappy apartment and now I'm inheriting a penthouse in the city's most exclusive not to mention premium housing society.

"How did she get her hands on all that?'' I asked him.

He very certainly was not expecting that question and that put a smile on his face. "You don't have to worry about that child, God has gifted you with a great fortune, enjoy it while it lasts. But there is something you have to know, the mansion is a disputed property. Your mother had received it as a gift from Mr Indrajith Mahajan, who had owned the property for years. After his passing, his heirs have been trying to acquire the property and the case is still on-going."

He pulled open one of his drawers and took out a bunch of keys attached to a blue crystal keychain. "These are the keys to your new apartment. I know about your current financial situation and I suggest you move out of that crappy apartment of yours and move into your new house as soon as possible we'll finish the paperwork soon."

We discussed the disputed property for some time and turns out my mother had spent years fighting for that property. Even when the so-called heirs were willing to pay double for the property. Kabir asked me to ponder over it for some time and then decide on what to do with it. I left his office fifteen minutes later with the keys to my brand new apartment.

By the time I reached home, it was almost 10:00 and I had to give a lengthy explanation to my landlord for being late which by the way was not a pretty sight. The old man has something against independent working single women and has a colourful vocabulary which usually works as a weapon for keeping his tenants in place.

"This is your first and last warning Roohi; the next time I see you coming late I will be throwing you out of my house. And the same goes to that flat-mate of yours too. I've been hearing quite some things about her." I know what he had meant by the last part of his statement. My flat mate Payal has a thing for one night stands and often brought random guys home. Though I had asked her to be careful about this, like always she just does what she wants to do.

So when I step into my apartment using my keys I find her on our couch stripped to her panties with some guy feasting on her tits. I had to swallow back the bile that tried to launch itself out from my mouth. I covered my eyes with my hand to shield myself from the horrifying scene before me. This isn't new to me, I've walked into the worst scenes and considering all the horrors I have seen before this was nothing.

I decided to let them be and silently walked towards my room. "Hey, Roohi, what took you so long?" Payal asked me, making me stop in my tracks. Debating with myself whether or not to turn around to look at them, I finally decided to turn around. Luckily she had finally started putting on her clothes.

"Juhi had told me that you had left early so I thought you would already be here by the time I come home," she told me as she fastened the knot of her robe. I noticed her boy toy check me out from head to toe and when his eyes reached mine he winked at me. Jerk. "Had some personal work to deal with. I'll be in my room in case you need something."

"There is egg fried rice in the kitchen, okay, we have already eaten so don't worry about us and thanks for leaving breakfast for me in the morning. If it wouldn't have been you I would have been late to work again," she told me and I grinned at her. "No problem," I told her and waved it off as I opened the door to my room.