CHAPTER 9

It still feels unbearably stuffy like someone has put me in a windowless room with next to no oxygen. Though I did manage to get out of that shitty hotel room which cost me 300 rupees a night to a cheap apartment that cost 2000 a month.

If I have to tell someone how my days have been passing here in this shitty apartment still in search of a decent place to live my answer would be 'It's going on wonderfully well, thank you very much' but truth be told it felt miserable, but I will never admit it, ever.

I know the path I've chosen for myself may not be the best but I know it's the right choice I will ever make. Sanjay may suffer my loss for a while but he won't be all alone, he has our Roohi with him; my Roohi with him.

My sweet little girl, I shouldn't have left her with him, but I can't keep her with me either. Nobody would want a woman with baggage and I don't know what kind of a life is in store for me. Hopefully, someday I could bring her along with me and we could live a better life together, But for now, she's better off with him.

Whom I'm I kidding, she is always better off without me. I don't want her to be anything like me. She's my perfect little doll untouched by any of my darkness and I want to keep her that way. But how do I convince my little heart to live without her?

Radhika had called me on the PCO downstairs and had informed me about some job in Dubai but wouldn't give me any details. I trust her enough but I don't trust her sources. But I will have to give it a check before turning this away blindly.

Even as I sit here in my empty apartment with barely two chairs, a table, no bed and a few utensils all of which was courtesy of a friend all I can think of is the bright future ahead of me. So here I am starting a new life with basically nothing in my pocket but a little bit of money enough for keeping my stomach full for a couple of more weeks.

I think I should have thought about my plans first before putting 90% of my savings into buying a flight ticket to a country I knew nothing about. But I'm willing to take my risks. If I want to get what I want, this is my only option.

"Madam we are here," the cab driver announced as we pulled up in front of my apartment building. I shut the journal close and stuffed it into my handbag. That was a hell of a read. I mean, who waltzes into a new life with zero ideas of what to do or where to go? But the most important question to be asked is how did she end up here?

My mom wasn't the kind of a woman who would go through the struggle of earning her millions. And even if she did earn them on her own I wonder what did she have to do to earn all this, but then again eighteen years is a very long time and not everyone plays by the rules.

I stepped out of the cab and thanked the driver as I closed the car door behind me. I had made the payment online while booking because I was slightly short on cash. I had barely reached the elevators when I bumped into Aditya Talvar who looked like something straight out of a fashion magazine.

My feet turned into jello and the heels proved to be of no help in keeping me steady on my feet. He put his arms around my waist stopping me from falling on my butt. The brush of his skin on mine made weird things to my body and I could no longer think straight.